Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After losing both front centrecaps this morning, one on the way to work and one on te way back I want to know what anyone else does to help keep those little suckers in place....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ive recently been thinking about this, my ideas...

two grub screws through the inside lip of the cap into the wheel or using some kind of sealer to hold them in place, im probably gunna use the grub screw approach.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I did think about both ideas. I was gonna bang in a couple of 'splodges' of clear sillicon but might go for the grub screw thang instead.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, I havnt even put the wheels on the car yet but am already a bit dubious of the 'push fit' caps considering how much they are to replace.

There was a dude in the for sale section selling 2 center caps actually think they were 25 quid

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
973 Posts
mr scoops said:
After losing both front centrecaps this morning, one on the way to work and one on te way back I want to know what anyone else does to help keep those little suckers in place....
I put that sticky back tape stuff (thats used for sticking reg plates in place) around the back of the cap, then ensuring the wheel was clean (it was brand new) I stuck it on....Lasted all summer with no problems, all are still in place. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts