Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Are they repeating it?

My Son loved the first series.
I was reserving judgement.

If S2 is more cosistantly funny,then we,ll watch every episode.

RALPH

·
VZ Staff
24,097 Posts

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
I bought series one after recommendations from here. I have to say, we've struggled. We keep trying and then shut it off mid episode. I saw some live thing on telly with them the other night and didn't really think it was funny either :(

Does series 1 get funnier as it goes along?

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, it's funny from the very first few seconds.

I'd give up Shane, it won't grow on you - you either like it instantly or you won't at all. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does series 1 get funnier as it goes along?
To be honest, it's pretty similar throughout the series.. If you don't get it, you don't get it. It's kinda like The Mighty Boosh in that way I guess.

I can't wait for series 2.. but I will wait, I'm not going to cheat by watching online ;) :D

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Nope, it's funny from the very first few seconds.

I'd give up Shane, it won't grow on you - you either like it instantly or you won't at all. :D
Thought that might be the case but at the same time I bought The IT Crowd S1&2. Struggled with it for the first two and then it bit us. Now we LOVE it. Hoped it might be the same. Happened with the Office too. Tons of peeps I know loved it but, I hated it :(

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
To be honest, it's pretty similar throughout the series.. If you don't get it, you don't get it. It's kinda like The Mighty Boosh in that way I guess.

I can't wait for series 2.. but I will wait, I'm not going to cheat by watching online ;) :D
I LOVE the Boosh!!!

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Office UK or US? A lot of people don't like the cringe inducing original UK version, the US version is in it's 5th series now and is excellent - more of a 'lol' comedy.

·
VZ Staff
24,097 Posts

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
See...I loved it.
Yeah, all telly is always gonna be personal opinion. What did you like about it? I mean, I thought it was supposed to be a comedy but I just didn't find it funny. Being all cringy isn't funny IMO. I should say that I'm not a huge fan of the 'easy laugh' either. I just didn't find the Office clever in any way. It's not like I didn't 'get' the joke. I didn't 'get' the whole concept I guess.

·
VZ Staff
24,097 Posts
I didn't 'get' the whole concept I guess.
That must be it. Humour is a personal thing...like taste in music, books, etc. Did you watch Extras?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts