·
Registered
22,227 Posts
wiltsteve said:
I've got some questions about Fruity-tooty

do you fancy some q & a?

Thanks,

Wiltsteve
ok ask away what would you like to know *( bearing in mind eastender and emmerdale is on in 10 mins then makintire extras and numberwang

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its about how you got to run the place..

Is it yours?
Do you 'own' it?
do you rent it?

I want to open my own sandwich shop / coffee bar and I'm wondering how to go about getting the capital?

I've got a business plan but no real financial backing :(

Wiltsteve.

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
right i rent/run it at weekends now kinda .i basically used to chef there but when it went quiet i offered to open it up as a bar on the weekends ( AS IT WAS ONLY OPEN IN THE DAYS ) and see if it would take money as it got so busy the owner was chuffed and leaves it all to me . i own the shop 3 doors up the greenscene where i run my mobile catering buisness and private functions organic weddings etc / using rootys kitchen etc as a base
so the concept of rooty bar is mine but i only rent the premmesis ;)
you dotn need much cash meate if you wnt to start up a buisness
let me go and make alfies bed and stuff and ill tell you how to go about it

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Dude,

My sister is after a decent wedding caterer that''ll do different things to all the other boring puff pastry tarts and shite.

Can I get her to give you a call for a chat about it?

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
best thing to do is find a market ie factory unit or area that demands sarnies coffees and stuff at lunch time

get a small delicvery van and offer smoothies heathy food and fruit ( this is the seller trust me ) if ytou can take 150 a day from making sarnies and stuff out of your own kitchen ( make sure you do a basic food and hygene cert) then wangle round using your own kitchen .. then find a A3 PREMISES the rent if its not prime wont be more that 100 a week .. make sure you can cook or your wife can ( saving 20k a year on a upity chef who cant cook )

DONT GET A BIG LOAN AND OPEN A SHOP BLOWING YOUR CASH ON FIXTURES AND EXPENSIVE PLANTS ETC MAKE SURE YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING WITH AN ONGOING TRADE FIRST ..

ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF .. WHAT IS THIS SHOP CLOSED OR FOR SALE ....
NO ONE SELLS A GOOD EARNER ..EVER ..

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
Kafer_meister said:
Dude,

My sister is after a decent wedding caterer that''ll do different things to all the other boring puff pastry tarts and shite.

Can I get her to give you a call for a chat about it?
yes mate
i did a few wedding under a waterfall this year in a forest etc

i can do her some amazing stuff without using puff pasty scotch eggs and vol au vons :D

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fingy said:
best thing to do is find a market ie factory unit or area that demands sarnies coffees and stuff at lunch time

get a small delicvery van and offer smoothies heathy food and fruit ( this is the seller trust me ) if ytou can take 150 a day from making sarnies and stuff out of your own kitchen ( make sure you do a basic food and hygene cert) then wangle round using your own kitchen .. then find a A3 PREMISES the rent if its not prime wont be more that 100 a week .. make sure you can cook or your wife can ( saving 20k a year on a upity chef who cant cook )

DONT GET A BIG LOAN AND OPEN A SHOP BLOWING YOUR CASH ON FIXTURES AND EXPENSIVE PLANTS ETC MAKE SURE YOU ARE UP AND RUNNING WITH AN ONGOING TRADE FIRST ..

ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF .. WHAT IS THIS SHOP CLOSED OR FOR SALE ....
NO ONE SELLS A GOOD EARNER ..EVER ..
Cheers Dude... I'm going to have to do some more investigating.

I think I was planning on going arse about face..

Get the nice big coffee machines and the fancy fridges and display units...

work my way up. A3 is for commercial premises with food prep, from what I remember.

I like the idea of smoothies, the 'feel' of my shop is going to be organic and local produce....I guess like Greenscene but with bread!

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
wiltsteve said:
Cheers Dude... I'm going to have to do some more investigating.

I think I was planning on going arse about face..

Get the nice big coffee machines and the fancy fridges and display units...

work my way up. A3 is for commercial premises with food prep, from what I remember.

I like the idea of smoothies, the 'feel' of my shop is going to be organic and local produce....I guess like Greenscene but with bread!
go for it man after the weekend ill sort out some links numbers sites and other usefull stuff for you i have the the contents of the two cheltenam shops in the basement coffe machines juicers etc and storage containers even rooty ftoory signs maybe you could open a rootys up north :D

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
cool, i was telling some vegans at a food fair last week about your olace, told them to go and eat there,

we need a veggie/ vegan cafe/bar here in cov

·
Registered
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fingy said:
go for it man after the weekend ill sort out some links numbers sites and other usefull stuff for you i have the the contents of the two cheltenam shops in the basement coffe machines juicers etc and storage containers even rooty ftoory signs maybe you could open a rootys up north :D
Cheers dude, look forward to the info... although it would be a darn sarf shop! Looking for the effluent (or affluent!) area of berkshire cos that is where I live.

Bracknell has the businesses and wokingham has the money...

Its a bit of a hard one to decided.

Bracknell has the offices and the Monday - Friday large oppertunities with daytime weekend business. Wokingham has the less Monday - Friday business but has a thriving weekend (inc friday & saturday nights) oppertunity.

But finding premisis to rent atm is proving difficult.

:(

Wiltsteve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts