Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
18,073 Posts
pretty cool , but google travis pastrana , nitro circus ;)

stupid motherfuckers using dannys ramp to backflip a kids tricycle etc :D

he jumped out of a plane with no parachute a couple of weeks ago ....

·
Keepin' It Casual
15,934 Posts
them's some big ramps,and big balls! must be great to have the skill/board control/confidence to pull that sh*t off.........

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else sat watching this with a dropped jaw? :D
Yeah, over and over again.

Seriously, The 2002 DC Video left everyone speachless but this, no one could have ever predicted that this was possible.

To recap:

:D

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Coool... That's some big shit for a skateboard:eek:

·
Registered
209 Posts
My god:eek: I wish I hadn't been so boring when I started my apprentiship back in '79, never should have stopped skating & watching that makes me sooooo jealous & old:lol:

Skateboarding is just so :cool: I will have to pull my last board out of the loft & see if I can break some of my brittle old bones in the street:lol: Should embarrass the kids anyway:p

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right, just so you guys know, this guy, medically, shouldn't be able to walk.

"I was surfing a sand bar on a small day. I dove in under a wave that was only a foot deep and I crunched my head into my chest. I had some trauma to the spinal cord, swelling of the brain stem and neurological problems. It affected all kinds of things - my organs, eyesight, hearing, taste, everything."
He was apparently told he wouldn't be able to walk again.

But having recovered from the neck injury he went and wons the Tampa Pro Vert Competition.

Wiki:

On July 9, 2005, Danny Way completed a 360 across the Great Wall of China with a broken ankle.

He won silver in the 2008 X Games Big Air. He did this after taking a brutal spill during his second attempt, which apparently left him with a broken foot. Even with his injury, he completed his last three runs, landing runs 3 and 5 much to everyone's surprise

With the help of Rob Dyrdek, Danny Way became the record holder for the fastest land speed on a skateboard
DON'T google his list of other injuries, it made me feel ill :eek:

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
AWESOME Post VPJ ..Good call :D

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Always has, always will i reckon.

you ever seen that footage of him at about 16/17 with a broken arm in a cast and hes absolutely killing a mini ramp !
Plan B's "Questionable"

Got the special edition re-issue DVD. One of the best videos of all time, certainly the most influential. Love all the secions in that. Duffy's rails, Mullens mad tech stuff and Mike Carrol killing EMB

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
thats it
not seen it for a while as its on vhs !
got about 200 vhs Sk8 films i havent watched since my old player broke.
have to get a new one
HAHA

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats it
not seen it for a while as its on vhs !
got about 200 vhs Sk8 films i havent watched since my old player broke.
have to get a new one
HAHA
Awesome mate :lol:

I've got fair few on VHS too a few Toy Machine ones, Welcome to Hell, Jump off a Building and all that and loads of weird UK scene vids but they've started putting all the cassic out on DVD so I've picked up some gems. All the Plan B ones, a few Powel Peralta and I keep meaning to get teh H-Street ones too...

Shackle Me Not is a must I feel :D

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
oh yeah shackle me not is a must.
Im getting a bit old to sk8 like i used to and my back is fairly wrecked but
i still get out once in a while
usually after a sk8 vid premiere or somethin
then lie down for 2 days

1 - 20 of 26 Posts