Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of people mentioning in replies that they are on 'page x' of a thread or that they replied 'two pages ago' and other minor confusions.

Did you know you can set the forum to display 40 replies to a page rather than the default ten ? As the majority of you are probably on broadband, this doesn't even really slow down your browsing experience either :)

Go you your 'User CP' page - link is at the top left of the main forum page, then click 'edit options' then change the value:

give it a whirl, it makes reading threads a lot easier, and saves you clicking 'next page' a bit too :)

for optimum speed (and more covert work time browsing) untick 'show signatures' and 'show avatars' and enjoy a clutter free thread environment.

try it, you might like it :)

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I thought the 40 threads per page was a legend :eek:

Thankyou ....... i shall go and have a fiddle in my cp :D

·
Saddest VZi'er 2017
11,243 Posts
Thanks for that, will save a lot of time when trying to find the post I saw 5 pages ago that I want to quote or whatever...

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Brilliant but, and there's always a but, could we PLEASE have a "back to top" button ? Then it truely would be the bestest forum in the whole widest world (said in a kids voice - he he)

Sorry to be a pain, but I know you'd really love to :D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Didn't know you could change the posting tool to a WYSIWYG type either!

how can i get my browser (ie7) to stop asking me if i want to allow scripted windows everytime i want to post a picture? it only seems to offer temporarily....

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Predator said:
Didn't know you could change the posting tool to a WYSIWYG type either!

how can i get my browser (ie7) to stop asking me if i want to allow scripted windows everytime i want to post a picture? it only seems to offer temporarily....
use firefox instead :)

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
does this mean if we all go to 40 posts per page, then the 50 page limit changes, or is that limit 500 posts?

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Whatever forum I join, I always set it to the most posts per page it can do, it just makes reading a whole thread so much easier and relaxing. (just scroll/arrow down/page down all the way then). Was one of the first things I did in the control panel when joining here. :)
It always amazes me that people don't explore these settings, and complain about threads going on for x pages, when I only see two or three at them most usually.

·
Registered
12,478 Posts
ta for that spiny...never looked at those settings properly

1 - 20 of 30 Posts