Volkszone Forum banner

free gift advertising advice

973 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  spiny 
#1 ·
hi

Im starting a new business for quality control within the automotive industry. I want to send out a mailshot to my potential customers,

what id like is your advice on some sort of gift to send with the mailshot.

I was thinking along the lines of a calendar, mouse mat pen or notepad. I want this gift to have my company logo and be useful so that these potential customers are reminded of my company when using it.

Have any of you ever received a free gift and thought WOW, thats really useful or cool and A Kept it, B used it regularly and C did it remind you of the company everytime you used or D did you just throw it away.

this business is in the very early stages, so any help or advise would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
The only corporate gift things that I use regularly are pens, but I never look at the name on them.

I know someone who won a very large contract making Aston Martin golf umbrellas. He's got a fancy machine that can etch photos onto aluminium... He made up an aluminium box with a photo of an Aston etched on it, with his logo too. It was just a box for putting pens in your desk.

The blokes at Aston were fighting over it!

The thing is, everyone's got logo'd pens, calenders and so on. If you think of something different, it'll make more of an impact.

#4 ·
Always get given pens etc from various sales reps, get used everyday by the customers and us, but they dont get looked at and are usually rubbish.
One of our tool companies though gave us a grout sponge with their logo on, and it was the best sponge i evAr used .......to wash my car with!
We give our tilers a diary with our numbers etc on, and its good to see them when they bring them in with all the details of thier jobs etc.
Giveaways are funny things, sometimes you think cool, other times they get totally ingnored.
The best gifts are usually something that person would normally buy from you and then get one for free with your buisness details on.

Hpope that randomness helps ;)

#5 ·
We have a yoyo here that we use regularly. but I couldn't tell you who the people that gave it to us are!! we've also been sent a kit kat which was really good as I opened it.

Whatever you choose only send one and put that if they want more you can drop them off......

;)

#6 ·
Today we've launched as a new non departmental public bdy so all members of staff got some useless branded tat. Among the mousemat, pens, and directory of offices (with our office missing from it) there were little half gig usb memory sticks with the new logo and department name on them for each member of staff. small, cheap, and not a coaster, which was nice.

#7 ·
Zenith Blue said:
Today we've launched as a new non departmental public bdy so all members of staff got some useless branded tat. Among the mousemat, pens, and directory of offices (with our office missing from it) there were little half gig usb memory sticks with the new logo and department name on them for each member of staff. small, cheap, and not a coaster, which was nice.
Nice to see my taxes being spent wisely by our wonderful government again :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Hmmm you really need to think about it and come up with something different, don't go for anything like a calender or pen its too obvious!

Normally I'm good at this stuff but I'm struggling tonight :crazy:

Some kind of keyring ..... but not just a plastic one something different made of old tyres or something?

Sunvisor tidy thing (ya know holds your sunnies and a pen and stuff)

Since your business is in the automotive industry try and keep it related (even if its only a little bit)

That probably wasn't much help but it might get your brain ticking over and thinking of loads of cool stuff :D

#12 ·
Zenith Blue said:
oh yes, useless branded tat for all staff, and no sign of a coherent policy on anything. we did ask weeks ago that the management save the money they'd spend on tat and use it to do something useful. they clearly ignored us.
Haha, management in 'not listening to staff shocker'!

Oh well, at least you got a free USB pen. I got a mouse mat with our 2005 - 2009 corporate plan on it. Oh the excitement.

I'm doing Politics and Economics at the moment, It'll not be long till I'm in charge ;)

#13 ·
Thanks all for your help....

I did spy USB sticks on a site I was looking at the other day... they are a bit more expensive than what i had in mind but i guess i should look at it as an investment....

Besides, the majority of customers would get some form of use out of one, and i am sure it wouldnt be something that is simply thrown away as tat!

Thanks again. :hangloose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.