Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where i can download some one the net, because my computer is runnung as slow as fuck and it's probly because theres a ton of viruses and other stuff on there(what i get for downloading stuff:rolleyes:) or i could defrag it but cant remember how to do it, thanks:)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,673 Posts
To defrag, assuming you have windows xp, simply, click start > all programs > accessories > System tools and choose the disk defragmenter.

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
To defrag, assuming you have windows xp, simply, click start > all programs > accessories > System tools and choose the disk defragmenter.
If vista...er cant help. I got it and hate the fecking thing

CANT EVEN FIND THE SEARCH BUTTON TO FIND FILES ETC

oh and I keep hitting capslock

·
52,673 Posts
If vista...er cant help. I got it and hate the fecking thing

CANT EVEN FIND THE SEARCH BUTTON TO FIND FILES ETC

oh and I keep hitting capslock
Ah Vista, sorry can't help you there. I ditched Vista in favour of Linux, I figured it would be easier to learn a completely new system than deal with Vista.:D

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Ah Vista, sorry can't help you there. I ditched Vista in favour of Linux, I figured it would be easier to learn a completely new system than deal with Vista.:D
I sure does suck.If I ever upgrade the ram to 4 gig I might then go get xp then and see how bloody fast it runs

·
52,673 Posts
Why not just go back to XP anyway, it'll run a damn sight better than Vista anyhow. Or you could be daring and try Linux. Linux Mint 5 is a good distro few newbies.:D

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
Might do. But 1st gotta get everything off of here like all my itunes gunk and stuff

·
52,673 Posts
Might do. But 1st gotta get everything off of here like all my itunes gunk and stuff
I have got into the habit of making Zip file backups of all my stuff weekly, that way I can do a system restore at any point. The beauty of a Zip file backup is it can be read by any machine, with any OS.

·
Registered
21,814 Posts
way over my head there
I know a bit about comps but loads more to learn

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks, think i shall run that now and hopefully sort the stupid thing out

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Try using "defraggler" it's free and works better than the windows one.
How much s/w do you have firing up on startup, reducing that makes heaps of difference too.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if what i am thinking u mean by s/w when starting up that would be msn,wireless internet box thing,nokia pc suite they all come up when it stars and on the desktop i got recycle bin,morzilla,need for speed,unused desktop items

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
Start > run
type 'msconfig' and press ok

Under the startup tab is a list of all the programs that start every time you boot up, there may be some you don't need.

Mine has a printer manager, Google update and a Nero check program that I don't need, for example.

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
Can I point out to everyone, that now would be a good time to check you have a running AV program and some spyware remover, of course most of the people that need to do this, will of course not bother, therefore we continually get threads like this.

:lol::lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts