Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but sometimes you do get some right plonkers!!!!

like today. Someone offered a caravan oven, i agreed to collect it this evening, explained we were out during the day picking up a car from norfolk and didn't know exactly what time I would be there, swapped numbers and said I would ring when I was on my way to check they were in.

So at 6:50 I gave them a ring, no answer. I sent a text, no reply. Checked my email to see if they've sent anything:

Received at 6:43:

to me

show details
6:43 pm (3Ω hours ago)

Hi, sorry but the fact that we haven't heard anything from yourselves means this is no longer available. My husband was not sure he actually wanted to give it away but obviously we were going to follow through with our offer as promised and now that you haven't been in touch he has decided its no longer available.
Very sorry to disappoint.

Katherin

:mad:

What do you think? Is 6:50 not the evening? early evening in fact?!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Ah well atleast you didnt' totally go out of your way travel wise to collect something that would have then not been there!

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vicster said:
Nah they probably avoided your calls because they changed their minds :(
That's what I think.

i sent a reply, quite a tame one for me :lol: explainig that i was very dissapointed and maybe they should think a bit harder before offering something.

to which I got:

Hi, I had a missed call from you, but was bathing my baby. I didn't get a text from you at all.

I'm really sorry, I expected to hear from you earlier than this. My husband decided to keep it as he hadn't heard anything. Very sorry. Nothing else I can say. I have given away a lot of stuff this weekend on Freecycle with no disappointed customers.

Anyway, nothing much else I can say.

:rolleyes:

Really tempted to say : "well you obviously wanted to get rid of those things"

But I've reported them to the mods instead :lol:

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clarkson said:
Our local freecycle is full of cheeky bastards that ask for Ipods and laptops.
someone asked for a psp the other day. made me laugh, always nice to read a good joke :lol:

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
bit like the guy offering me the jag! he gave it to some mate of his

1 - 7 of 7 Posts