Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FRESH CHILLIES FROM THE GARDEN JUST GOT BACK FROM THE PUB AND MADFE A CURRY WITH FRESH CHILLIES FROM THE GARDEN? WHO ELSE GROWS THERE OWN THEY ARE AS HOT AS [email protected]%CK/

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IM UP- FOR THE HOME GROWN THE FATHE IN LAW IS SWEATING BUT HE SAYA THE FLAVA IS SOOO gOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
this years crop

so easy to grow.i done a few varieties this year with great success.
chilli bomb.mega hot, round golf ball size.
tokyo hot.good all rounder,classic long thin chilli shape.
jalapeno,v hot,lots to crop
f1 jumbo.large red pepper
purple beauty.large mild dark purple chilli
started them on the window then planted out in the summer.
gonna do loads more next year.looks like e bay is good for seeds.the ones i bought all germinated and grew on well.
happy growing :)
oh yeah the homegrown stuff is loads stronger in heat & taste than anything i have ever bought in a shop.also be carefull when handling,dont rub your eyes after cutting any it hurts bad ;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I JUST BOUGHT FROM [email protected] THEY WERE HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RED 1S WHERE REALLY HOT!IM GUNNA PUT THEM IN MY CONSERVERTORY AND C IF THEY GET BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
we picked the last of ours night before last. first time ive grown them and grow all the seeds thinking not many would grow ended up with loads of plants. find they get hotter the more ripe they are. cant wait to grow more next yr.

my fave recipie is mango chillie chicken with brown rice mmmm

:D

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
if you like em hot go for numex twilight they are evil little chillis start off white,then purple, then bright red only grow to about an inch but oh boy these make you walk a bit funny the next day if you know what i mean my friend

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
ive got 6 plants in the gdn right now

will be picking em in a week or so

i had 6 chillie and 8 Tom plants

made 12 jars of chillie and tomato jam, its very nice but hot enough for most

lasts 6 months in the jars aswell :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its now the next morning just had a cuppa omg!!!!!!!!!!!!! just a warning dont use to many at once?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
i'm all for growing your own :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts