Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after what will probably be the first of many brake downs I am here for some advice please guys.

Where's the best (cheapest) place to get replacement brake calipers? The nearside front has seized today and after looking the offside looks like the seals are going too.

The nearside is an ATE, the offside is a Girling which has had ATE parts put inside of it. Think I'd rather put new on for the simple fact that I can't face the brakes seizing when I've 3 small ankle biters in the back! Not saying that they won't in future with new but would prefer to go that way.

Thanks for your help

Steve

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. I also rang Tim's VW in Portsmouth who have done me a very good deal as I am a member of The Hants VW Owners Club.

Off up there tomorrow to pick em up, then fit em and should be back on the road. Also got to repair the damage the jack did to the jacking point ........ ho hum, am learning by experience!

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.