Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the passenger door on my 64 Beetle with one from Heritage but the quarterlight has a 5mm gap at the top and it doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't get it to fit.. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to overcome it?
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
It looks like something is missing, where's the front track for the wind-up window ? IIRC, the track is part of the quarterlight frame, i.e the divider between the 2 pieces of glass.

·
Premium Member
9,060 Posts
OK, that front track is rivetted to the quarterlight frame on later models, 64 is clearly different.
I've had a few Repro body panels where the fixing holes and captive nuts, (for trim, handles etc.), were not in exactly the right places.
If you remove your quarterlight fixing screws, can you get it to sit right in the door ? if so, you could elongate or re-drill the screw holes in the door.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have replaced the passenger door on my 64 Beetle with one from Heritage but the quarterlight has a 5mm gap at the top and it doesn't seem to matter what I do I can't get it to fit.. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to overcome it?
View attachment 296352
That top bracket isn’t bent is it. Could be forcing the window down. The bottom of the window is only clamp in place isn’t it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
View attachment 296352
did you get this sorted, I’ve got my passenger door stripped off and in garage at mo can get some measurements if you need. Mine is a 58 so should be same I believe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts