Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right currently sorting out the interior on our 72 bay window, as as it happens we are looking for some new front seats,

The ones in there at present (last 4 yrs) are XR2i fiesta seats and they have been bolted straight onto the bulk, as the rails have been ground off :rolleyes: :crazy:
they are getting a be soft now.............

So we don't want original seats anyway (like the headrest) :D

What seats would you recommend, what have you got and how easy to fit ?

Any response would be fab,advice comments super duper :hangloose:)

·
Registered
78,063 Posts
my 63 bus object has porsche 914 seats without the subframes... lowers the seating position, unlike with most replacement seats... they also look period

·
Registered
78,063 Posts
What seats would you recommend, what have you got and how easy to fit ?
I have fitted Toyota ones to a few Bays. Most big breakers will have a Celica or two kicking around with leather seats. They are just the right size and are a simple four bolt fitting. Personally I find Scorpio, Volvo or Saab ones look too lardy.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,152 Posts
Ours are out of an old Toyota Hilux as the base is thin and fits in the recess of the wheel arch (I have a short legs and a long body so needed to gain extra head room). Can still slide/tilt and have head rests. Do the job okay for me.

Got a pair of these from an Espace and was thinking of fitting them as they have 'swivel' bases. Still thinking about using them though.

·
Registered
13,345 Posts
Yeah, I've been planning these for a while just from having seen them on a JK mailout, then the company had a stand at Volksworld where we got to sit in them, see the different finishes available etc. Look and feel like quality items. Brown with beige piping, please.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Ours are from a Saab 9000, I think they look good and are mega comfy for those long drives to Spain, etc. Easy to fit too

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about MG seats from a 1997 MGF ?

Wondering if i'd have any issues with installing these ?

Only asking as i have got first shout on a set :D

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,459 Posts
Porsche 924 seats. i had a set recovered in leather and quite simply the comfiest seats by a long way. In a split, that's saying something...

·
Premium Member
12,406 Posts
not to everyones taste I know , Smartcar seats :)
it was a must do thing after a few said they wouldn't go in my Bay crewcab
very comfy but sit a little on the high side , next set won't ;)

·
Registered
78,063 Posts
not to everyones taste I know , Smartcar seats :)
it was a must do thing after a few said they wouldn't go in my Bay crewcab
very comfy but sit a little on the high side , next set won't ;)

they are a cool choice IMHO... would look good re-trimmed too and small enough for a Split

·
hush yer gums!
19,929 Posts
when we first built the panel bus of doom we used a leather 2+1 back seat from a volvo estate, fitted beautifully and was real comfortable...BUT..... i really missed my walkthrough, so the bench seat came out and now im running a pair of oxblood leather mx5 seats, the ones that look like porshe tombstones with the speakers built into the head rests, the passenger one is on a swivel base, they are dead comfy, the front bolster is lowe enough for a short arse like me to still comfortably reach the pedals, the swivel works with them and i have my walk through back..winner all round ;)

cheers
paul :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts