Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·


Omex/Jenvey EFi.

164bhp and 188ft/lb with Laughing Gas,

112bhp without. (all at the wheels, measured on Raceshack's Mustang Dyno)

2006cc Motor with Street Eliminator heads, so quite mild generally.....

Lovely power curves. bit flat low down , but then with genuinely 48mm throttles (not choked down like 48IDA's) low rev velocities where always going to be an issue until the capacity goes up over the winter.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,374 Posts
:eek: Nice!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,445 Posts
Its a fake - he has stolen the picture!!



Edit - in case someone don't get it - that was a joke!!
It is his and did the critical work etc etc etc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,374 Posts
:(
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Japeto said:
Are you pleased with the power output?
I'm more than pleased, it should add up to an 11 second car when on slicks. It also has a Quaife locking diff fitted, to get that power onto the floor.

The Motor is limited by it's relatively small size, both in terms of Capacity and Valve sizes, so there's a hell of a lot more to come from it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aussie1 said:
How does the cost of the FI compare to a similiar sized pair of carbs?
This install was substantially more expensive, but it can be done cheaper, depending on how much DIY you are prepared to do, and sourcing cleverly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,676 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
The Motor is limited by it's relatively small size, both in terms of Capacity and Valve sizes, so there's a hell of a lot more to come from it.
Isn't that a bit like Trigger's broom though?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
Originally Posted by 2-bob Monkey Mafia
The Motor is limited by it's relatively small size, both in terms of Capacity and Valve sizes, so there's a hell of a lot more to come from it.
I thought 2 litre motors where relatively large and street eliminator heads, relatively free flowing!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Japeto said:
I thought 2 litre motors where relatively large and street eliminator heads, relatively free flowing!
nope.

well, yeah, sort of.

but not for me.

i want MORE! :D

The 2007cc motor is going in the back of Ms Leisure's '56 Cabrio, with 48IDA's and a Mallory Super Mag instead of the EFi.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr Big said:
Think i'd be a bit dissapointed with 112bhp from a 2007 running 48mm bodies and EFI...specially with the sort of cash thats involved. Mind you driving with one arm and one leg you wouldnt want it too fast! :D
what does your EFi lump make then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:


Omex/Jenvey EFi.

164bhp and 188ft/lb with Laughing Gas,

112bhp without. (all at the wheels, measured on Raceshack's Mustang Dyno)

2006cc Motor with Street Eliminator heads, so quite mild generally.....

Lovely power curves. bit flat low down , but then with genuinely 48mm throttles (not choked down like 48IDA's) low rev velocities where always going to be an issue until the capacity goes up over the winter.....
Some people have to pull plug leads off to make less than 200hp

Did you have to pull all 4 off to make 112bp :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,510 Posts
Nice piece of kit!
Is there a man alive who doesn`t like Jenveys with trumpets?
I doubt it.

VielziDub said:
What pulley/ crank position sensor is that?

Is it an eddis wheel type? Where was it sourced and do they do type 4 style ones?
You can get them on ebay...JMR actually machines the teeth into a Berg pulley-very sexy indeed.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top