Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to locate the outlet fuel line from the petrol tank. There's the breather and filler hose on the drivers side and a smaller one on the passenger side on the top of the tank. Is it this smaller one or should I start rooting around underneath the tank. If it's underneath approx how long is the hose bit so I can go and buy some now as it's getting dark here.
Thanks.
PS I've looked in the Haynes and i'm none the wiser.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Do you have a leak under the tank? If so its a few possubles, tank has hole, hose split?

Take care when replacing the pipe. Under the tank is like a j pipe fitting, if its old and crusty it may bend and break. Replace it if you are going to all the effort to change the pipe. Also were the pipe connects to the hard pipe which goes through the tunnel be careful seperating the two as the pipe can be a bit fragile.

·
Premium Member
15,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for those d4vid, i'm getting on with it this morning. I sold a tank and all the connections a couple of months ago, doesn't seem such a good idea now.

·
Registered
10,676 Posts
north manchester said:
I sold a tank and all the connections a couple of months ago, doesn't seem such a good idea now.
Its always the case with everything though, ive had stuff here for ages, got rid of it and dont need it till a while after its gone...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts