Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have changed to twin kadrons but not sure how to run the fuel lines and balance pipe to make them look good. Is it best to use steel tude with flexi braided pipe at the ends or something else? Where should I route them?

·
Registered
404 Posts
ive gone for stainless 10mm braided hose. I will also be routing behind the fan shroud, my machining shop sells decent clips that im gonna self-tap onto the back of the fan.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,672 Posts
My father came up with this....

We did think about using small bore copper pipe in front of the shroud but decided against it as it is not so easy to inspect the fuel pipes when they are hidden on the other side of the shroud.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I like the look of ìClarksonî fuel pipeline except for the fuel filter. Would suggest that it would be better to keep all fuel lines in view so that they can examined at all times and not hidden, and put filters outside the engine bay (less joints, less chances of leaks)
P.S. that filter is not the best.I had one once!!! :tick:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,672 Posts
bobmac said:
I like the look of ìClarksonî fuel pipeline except for the fuel filter. Would suggest that it would be better to keep all fuel lines in view so that they can examined at all times and not hidden, and put filters outside the engine bay (less joints, less chances of leaks)
P.S. that filter is not the best.I had one once!!! :tick:
Surely a filter outside the engine bay would be harder to check? There are still the same amount of unions regardless off where is is mounted. What is wrong with that kind of filter. Been using them for years without any problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
380 Posts
clarkson said:
Surely a filter outside the engine bay would be harder to check? There are still the same amount of unions regardless off where is is mounted.
Yeah, but if I'm going to have a fuel leak, I'd rather it wasn't in the engine bay. The fewer connections in the engine bay, the lower the chances of a leak occurring in the engine bay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts