Volkszone Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yeah, the cost of the fuel isn't that much but the tax and vat soon add to it.

Just filled my caravelle from 1/4 as theres still no LPG available round here and it cost £9 more for the same amount (well 1/2L more) than it did 2 and a half weeks back.

·
Registered
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I get my LPG from factory Lane, Penwortham. There's 2 selling it on the same little industrial estate.
Is that the estate with Autogas Preston in it? I used to always buy it at Morrisons Leyland on the way to visit friends at Chorley. Morrisons always seem to be the cheapest anywhere.
2 of the places round here use Oil 4 Wales and apparently Pembrokeshire isn't a priority county according to them so petrol stations aren't getting any deliveries as hospitals and care homes got priority. The 3rd has had a bust pump and they've been waiting for authorisation to start work on it.
I think my nearest just got its first delivery in 3 months today and typically i only filled up with petrol yesterday afternoon. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I think so. Its opposite swift tyres. Always the cheapest too. I fill the tank from empty when I go to make the most of the trip.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
What caused the price hike?
Covid, Russia, demonstrators at the depots, government, oil producers?

Any sign of it going back down or is this normal pricing now?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
They say don't ask for a pay rise. Yeah right. People will need a pay rise, to pay for the fuel to get to work. To work for the fuel to put in the car. By the way, my gas metre is on more an hour than I am, but that's another issue

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
What’s europe and the rest of the world like ?
I have a mates in Oregon and Florida in the states and I’ll be asking them how much their prices have increased.
we must all know people from all over Europe who we can ask - Bri, how’s it looking in France ?
it’d be interesting to get a comparison and potentially some ammunition when lobbying MPs

·
Administrator
167,166 Posts
I have a mates in Oregon and Florida in the states and I’ll be asking them how much their prices have increased.
we must all know people from all over Europe who we can ask - Bri, how’s it looking in France ?
it’d be interesting to get a comparison and potentially some ammunition when lobbying MPs
You'd posted this on the watch thread dude. 😂 I moved/merged it. :)

In France, the government has reduced fuel duty by 15% (or it may be 20% - I'd need to check) - and household electric and gas price rises have been capped at 4% - so not that bad here mate.

Having just visited the UK for the Deva show, I was surprised at the (high) prices of stuff in general (not just petrol/diesel).

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Fuel went up 5p a litre here today. I’ve read it’s now being affected by the sterling value against the dollar. Seems everything coming together to drive the price up.
Our mortgage is increasing as the interest rate goes up and inflation is now predicted to be 11%.
Still, the sun is out :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
In south of ireland its about £1.75 for diesel cheapest in north is around £1.90 so bit of a saving nipping across border to fill my car

21 - 40 of 73 Posts