Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my bay is running there is a petrol smell. I have checked for leaks etc. Could it be that my heat exchangers are not filtering the rubbish out?

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
is the smell worse when the tank is full?Check the breathers.in the engine bay should be a pipe that has a rubber elbow in it.these often perish letting the vapour smell into the engine and cab area

·
Registered
407 Posts
Could it be that my heat exchangers are not filtering the rubbish out?
Just to clarify ...

There's nothing in a heat exchanger to 'filter out' fumes. The air from the fan housing is routed through them, and gets warmed in the process by the exhaust fumes flowing around the heat exchanger.

So there are two ways for fumes to get into the cabin via the heat exchanger. Either because the fumes are getting into the fan housing, and being forced through. Or because the heat exchanger is 'holed' internally and is letting in exhaust fumes.

Hope this helps you track it down.

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
on my late bay it ran across the top of the engine bay/inside floor.just above the deck lid.There is also an elbow on top the tank itself but i believe its an engine out job to get to it!(if anyone could clarify that) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts