Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my enthusiasm to remove the fuel tank straps, I went at the rusted up, 13mm retaining nuts like a bull at a gate, twisting and snapping the retaining straps in the process. Now I have made a long job even longer.
Has anyone out there replaced these straps or come up with a clever way of doing the job? I have searched and so far cannot see any replacements on offer from the usual suspects.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Have you got a picture of how they're broken? As said, I'd just be refabricating the broken bit unless it's really mangled and/or you want originality and perfection.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you got a picture of how they're broken? As said, I'd just be refabricating the broken bit unless it's really mangled and/or you want originality and perfection.
Thanks for the replies. I definitely don't need perfection, just straps that will keep the new tank in place. I'll get some photos but I think you are both right. I'll have to borrow a welder and make the best of it. I will have to get the original nuts off the bracket bolt first. I still haven't managed that part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts