Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted a cb preformance maxi pump 3 to a full flow oil filter.The problem is it keeps leaking from the oil filter never mind how much it is tightened up ! i connected oil pump out to the filter head in , filtter head out to the oil pump in !! is this correct ?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Mr.010 said:
Replace the fitler. You probibly crushed the seal.

Too tight is no good.
Agreed. Make sure you get oil the sealing ring. (Little drop of oil from dip stick will do). Spin it on till it touches and then tighten it up half to one turn. I would have thought that was enough. I use one hand to put 'em on and two two get 'em off.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Is it a bugpack filter adapter? only asking cos i had one a couple of months back when i fitted mine, went through 4 filters which all leaked, before i realised that it was actually the base of the adaptor that was slightly warped, not a great lot, but enough for it not to seal. Got it replaced and it was fine with all of the old filters.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Had the same problem as stark, all down to shit filter head surface. Mine wasn't pouring out though so i ran it a few times until hot then it sealed and has been fine since. I'd suggest you get another filter head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts