Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wasted my time at chAvSDA. i hate that godforsaken hell hole and only went there to get some booze and sausage rolls for the weekend.

Got to the till. Saw the woman look at me while i was queuing. Got to my turn, first thing on the conveyor to go straight back in the trolley is the box of organic cider.

Have i got ID for the alcohol?

no, of course i haven't. i have no photo driving licence and i don't carry my passport around.

She them smiles patronisingly and says they have an over 25s policy on alcohol now. i knew i was wasting my time telling her i was 32 but i did anyway.

Pah. pissed off. she might have doubted that i look 25 but i certainly look older than 18! :mad:

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i HATE asda with a passion. its a shit hole. i only go there to get shopping for my nan as thats where she demands it comes from. i could have gone to the local supermarket for a the few bits i need, but i wanted the box of cider that filmstar recommended to me at vanfest, and i knew it would be asda or tesco and asda is just around the corner.

i could have just gone to the car with the shopping then walked back in, picked up another box of booze and gone to a till up the other end.

there is no way i look under 18. or under 25 at that matter.

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
:lol: Amanda that's ACE

·
Registered
16,973 Posts
Ok, (looking at large queue forming behind me) I'll just wait here until a manager arrives shall I?
That usually works with 'Wallmart' staff. Did when I took my portable TV back to a 24hour store after 7pm.:lol: Asda Wallmart is 5 mins away from my house but I much prefer the extra mile/5mins to go to TESCO in Prescot.:D
V V V V V it is cheaper, Asda said so.:lol:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
if its any consolation,i got asked if i was over 16 the other day,when buying ****..i'm 41,old,gnarled,with a grizzly grey beard..kiddie behind the till looked about 14:mad:

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
On the way to Action I was asked for ID for the alcohol that I had bought. Now, I'm 24 years old but with a full 1cm of beardage all over my neck and chin (which you won't see a 17 year old with) I was quite surprised. Luckily I had my driving licence in the front pocket of my bag.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm 33 and get mistaken for being 43 all the time and you're actually complaining that someone has though you were younger?

Wimmen, tut, you can't win with them can you...:incheek::incheek::incheek::incheek:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I've been asked a couple of times at Asda and I'm 34 :eek:, luckily I have one of those photo driving licenses, but they do make u feel a bit of a criminal!! :rolleyes:...(what part!!??:incheek:)

It is nice to know that u look early twenty something eh... next time - photo id!:D

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, (looking at large queue forming behind me) I'll just wait here until a manager arrives shall I?
That usually works with 'Wallmart' staff. Did when I took my portable TV back to a 24hour store after 7pm.:lol: Asda Wallmart is 5 mins away from my house but i much prefer the extra mile/5mins to go to TESCO in Prescot.:D V V V V V it is, Asda said so.:lol:
i can't prove it. no ID. i could have asked linda from work who was at the next till to tell them i was the same age as her son who is 33. don't think that would have washed.

i can understand that they up the age and it stops so many young drinkers (especially in that area) but do i look like a teenage chav feeding strongbow to my three year old??

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've been asked a couple of times at Asda and I'm 34 :eek:, luckily I have one of those photo driving licenses, but they do make u feel a bit of a criminal!! :rolleyes:...(what part!!??:incheek:)

It is nice to know that u look early twenty something eh... next time - photo id!:D
at least she didn't call security (don't think they have any!) like tesco in cheltenham did!!

there won't be a next time! i am not carrying my passport just to go to asda!

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if its any consolation,i got asked if i was over 16 the other day,when buying ****..i'm 41,old,gnarled,with a grizzly grey beard..kiddie behind the till looked about 14:mad:
i got asked if i was 16 when i was 24 to buy lighters in the pound shop.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts