Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am trying organise the storage in my garage better and i have purchased a few Tambour door cabinets to help with this but now i am looking for something to store my smaller items such as spray cans, car cleaning products, polishes etc.

Ideally what i would like is a free standing cabinet which has several shelves that has a roller door or even just doors but i am looking something that is only 20-25cm deep. The units i have not are 47cm deep, the idea is i don't want to store items behind other items (several deep) where i can't see them easily, i want to open the door and be able to see items easily with at most 2 items deep.

Has anybody come across or know of anything suitable?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
Yes that kind of height and width but its the depth that is not what i am looking for. The depth of that cabinet is 47cm, i am looking for something 25ish cm.
I want to be able to open the doors and see everything that is in there and not be able to see something at the back behind several other items.
Probably what i am looking for doesn't exist or wont be easy to find.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
If you’re up for it / feeling competent...
Buy an Ikea “Billy” bookcase and hack it and build it your own spec. It is the best value for money at £35. Comes in a painted brilliant white finish with plenty of shelves. Just need to be reasonable at using a circular saw and using confirmat screws.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know what you mean, i have a set in the daughters room, i could do what you suggest but i still need a door or pair of narrow doors to 'cover' the shelves.
Cheers

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
The reason I said the BILLY by Ikea.... it is one of the rare items sell that is actually solid carcass, not empty air. They can be accurately and nearly cut and very simply screwed together using confirmat Allen key type screws which you can but a pack of about 100 from screwfix for £6. You just have to resolve the problem of doors. Depends what finished youre after and how much work you want to do / effort you want to put it. You might have some left over from the BILLY (might be a bit thick and heavy For doors).... or you could cut them out of thinner 9mm MDF and spray them or get a professional MDF sprayer to paint them for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts