Volkszone Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,319 Posts
So, another update.. rapidly closing on 4 years sleeping outside and I'm surviving the biggest storms for 7 years in Ciara. 70mph+ winds have made sleeping outside like being on the back of a flat-bed wagon driving down the motorway in the fast lane.
My current tent set up is a 4-man tent, with a smaller 3 man tent fitting inside! Double layering has keep the rain out over the past year, anything that gets through the outer tent, still has to penetrate the inner waterproof layer.
I've used extra guy lines tied to a couple of trees and fence posts to fend off the wind and whilst it's been bloody flappy at night, I've still slept OK with my ear plugs in.
April will be 4 years since I've slept in the house and I'm still loving it.
Amazing effort Teetle, well done you, I can't imagine being in a tent tonight:eek:

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
So, another update.. rapidly closing on 4 years sleeping outside and I'm surviving the biggest storms for 7 years in Ciara. 70mph+ winds have made sleeping outside like being on the back of a flat-bed wagon driving down the motorway in the fast lane.
My current tent set up is a 4-man tent, with a smaller 3 man tent fitting inside! Double layering has keep the rain out over the past year, anything that gets through the outer tent, still has to penetrate the inner waterproof layer.
I've used extra guy lines tied to a couple of trees and fence posts to fend off the wind and whilst it's been bloody flappy at night, I've still slept OK with my ear plugs in.
April will be 4 years since I've slept in the house and I'm still loving it.
Can't believe I have only just discovered this thread!

Sir I take my hat to you :cool:

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Well as another winter drags on and the coldest night in over 10 years passes, I'm still outside and closing in on 5 solid years in my tent. Lots of friends are pointing me towards the young lad in Devon, Max Woosey who is doing a year for charity. Great effort and for a good cause. I've messaged him with some tips but I'm sure he'll do it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
166,584 Posts
Well as another winter drags on and the coldest night in over 10 years passes, I'm still outside and closing in on 5 solid years in my tent. Lots of friends are pointing me towards the young lad in Devon, Max Woosey who is doing a year for charity. Great effort and for a good cause. I've messaged him with some tips but I'm sure he'll do it.
:mental:

I don't know how you do it.
Soon be summer :)
:mental:

Stay safe dude(s)

:hug:

241 - 247 of 247 Posts