Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
You managed to buy a crackin t34 razor Edge but the gearbox is ruining the drive of it!
I can select all gears no popping out etc but once it's warmed up it gets really stiff to select gears especially 3rd to 4th....
So far had the engine out to replace a knackered clutch release bearing and flywheel oil seal, changed gearbox oil, had gear stick apart/ greased up and added a cartune quick shift to help take all the slack up but hasn't made any difference...
Clutch could maybe do with a little adjustment but it's not far off the correct free play...
The mounts look OK as does the coupler...
Any ideas peeps or am i looking at a rebuild or a good second hand box?

Tia

·
Premium Member
8,899 Posts
I would double check the gearbox mountings, especially the front one, and check the gearbox nosecone, the alloy corrodes where the mounting is fitted, and if the mounting holes have gone oval, it may not be properly aligned with the chassis. Also check the long gear change rod inside the tunnel, and the bushing at the front end.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Putting a 2nd hand untested box in a bug is even more risky than putting a 2nd hand untested beetle in. Do the job once and get it stripped, checked and fixed. This way the work load is a once only thing

This is after you have checked all other possibilities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts