Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had all my hair chopped off the other week...bit sad its gone, anyone else as sad as me and really (pardon the pun) attatched to their hair?? apparently its a sign of a fear of getting old :( i suppose it applys to men too. i almost cried when she started hacking!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
i had about 4 inches taken off recently too. you feel awful as you see it all land on the floor don't you!
but am glad i did it. is soooo much easier to look after now :D :hangloose

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I had about 18 inches taken off my hair a couple of months ago. It was very weird at the time, but I prefer it now. Just around my shoulders these days.

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
Kafer_meister said:
I had about 18 inches taken off my hair a couple of months ago. It was very weird at the time, but I prefer it now. Just around my shoulders these days.
hippie :incheek:

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
England To Everest said:
my hair got to the point where it needed a chop so I dreaded it instead :crazy: :D

Cutting my hair is against my beliefs :D
Are you a rastafarian?

:incheek: :D

ficknoster said:
:lol:

Dagnammit!!! Thanks Dude! :moon: :D
:eek: Sorry couldn`t resist :D

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
Kafer_meister said:
I'll be driving on of those old volkswagen beetle vans before you know it. ;)
lol Beetle Van. Woman at work calls them that!

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
Ruby Soho said:
before

after

sorry for the gimpish pics, not cool like ficknosters
Thats not too radical!
I think it looks better....maybe a better pose in the first pic mind:D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Last year I had long hair. Half way down my back. I lost it all as well as my eye lashes and eyebrows due to chemo...but it soon grew back, and I now have a funky short style, same as I did about 10yrs ago. I do miss my long hair though, it was so easy to keep. A good brush and then wear it up in a clasp. having it short, i have to style it and put wax gel in it to make it look good.
I kept some of my hair, when it fell out. That's a bit freaky!! :crazy: But to be honest, it's great looking 'normal' again.

I am lucky, my hair has grown back, and so have my lashes and brows...some people aren't so lucky and suffer from alophecia (sp), their hair may never grow back. So stop being so vain you lot!!! :rolleyes: :moon:

Jayne xx

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jayne said:
Last year I had long hair. Half way down my back. I lost it all as well as my eye lashes and eyebrows due to chemo...but it soon grew back, and I now have a funky short style, same as I did about 10yrs ago. I do miss my long hair though, it was so easy to keep. A good brush and then wear it up in a clasp. having it short, i have to style it and put wax gel in it to make it look good.
I kept some of my hair, when it fell out. That's a bit freaky!! :crazy: But to be honest, it's great looking 'normal' again.

I am lucky, my hair has grown back, and so have my lashes and brows...some people aren't so lucky and suffer from alophecia (sp), their hair may never grow back. So stop being so vain you lot!!! :rolleyes: :moon:

Jayne xx
arrr i'm sorry to hear that, is it true that after some ppl have chemo, some peoples hair grows back completely different? like colour/straightness etc?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I always coloured my hair, so when it grew back...baby soft....was very shocked to see how grey it naturally is! :eek: But i have coloured it again, and it's now back to as it was before...golden brown with a hint of aurburn.
It didn't grow back curlier or straighter than before.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts