Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did it for the first time.........its so simple and painless everybody should do it :)

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
i started when i was 18, and apart from the staff being concerned over how white i am (i work in an office, when do i get time to tan?) i have clocked up about 22 donations. i am a bit of a half and half though. i fail the iron test about 50% of the time. luckily this time i was successful and fulfilled my obligations. although i had a piercing done a few months ago and now i am off the list for a year.

i donate at work so get out of the office for at least an hour :D tea, biscuits and stickerz :D

·
VZ Staff
24,104 Posts
I've given about 5 times since I was 18 but then I got peircings, tattoos and acupuncture over a period of time which ruled me out for a while...haven't got round to going back.

Greg

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
13,093 Posts
fair play to ya :D

i have a personal reason fer wanting 2 give blood, as
my mum had to have a transfusion after giving birth
to me, 'coz she hemorrhaged so bad, so i like the idea
of giving something back.....

unfortunately i'm so anemic, that my blood count has
only ever been high enough 4 times in all these years, :(

o yeah, & i have 'invisible' veins, so it always takes
'em forever to get any blood out of me :rolleyes:

but i find it fascinating to watch, & hell, they give u
free biscuits, hoorah!! :lol:

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Well done, it's a good feeling ain't it?

I stopped giving blood because they always seem to run out of Bourbons just before I get to the table.

No seriously, I was asked to go on the platelet donation scheme as I have very good clotting powers. They take the platelets out of you blood by hooking you up to a big fancy machine that takes blood out, whizzes it around then puts it back into you. The needle on that bad boy is nearly twice as big around as the regular dontion needle :eek:. At the end of about an hour they have a bag about half full of pale yellow gloop. The strange thing is it's counted as 2 donations every time you go and you can go once every fortnight. So you soon rack up a good score.

Keep it up dudes, the next life you save could be one of your own families.

·
Registered
31,322 Posts
I just did it for the first time.........its so simple and painless everybody should do it :)
The last twice I did it I was left in complete agony, and my arm cramped up for a few days... Put me off for a while... Whilst I think it's an amazing thing to do, I think 'we' can become complacent and maybe a bit too trusting with who we allow to jab us; ie, if you're going to do it (and I hope everyone does), make sure they treat you and put their full attention towards the job, rather than chat to colleagues or not concentrate on the job. That's what happened when they took my blood; didn't concentrate on what they were doing...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts