Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP NEEDED ??
We are looking for a uk company who supplies and fits golde sunroofs. does anyone know of one, not sure if the post is in the right category but would be well chuffed if anyone could help ??

·
Torque is not cheap
14,541 Posts
Golde sunroofs where fitted at the factory. They did folding fabric types and later steel ones. If you want the fabric type these days and want to retro fit one to a bus or a Beetle try a company called Paris Beetles

Whilst the quality of the Paris ones is good they don't match up to the genuine thing though. As far as I am aware no one retro fits genuine Golde sunroofs.

I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Closest thing is street beat customs from Cali, do a google for streatbeatcustoms and it should turn up the right site!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'll check it out ?

thanks guys you've been a great help i'll check them out, cheers !

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
I have cut a Golde sliding roof into my bus, purchased a clip from a samba and grafted it in,lots of work but worth every minute :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sounds great

sounds great dude tell me more, i want to put roof into the wifes bug, can it be done ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dimensions

just been on to streetbeatcustoms site in the saes, they have wot look like real cool sliding ragtops, does anyone have the approx dimensions of a golde fitted in a bug ?

·
25 character limit is cra
6,631 Posts
stikky said:
sounds great dude tell me more, i want to put roof into the wifes bug, can it be done ?
It can be done, I did it on my '61 Bug. Took me a weekend and was pretty easy. You can weld it in or I know some have bonded it in with industrial adhesive.

Go for Golde - I've got friends in the US who've tried the streatbeat ones and they're a bit variable for quality.

·
25 character limit is cra
6,631 Posts
stikky said:
would i have to take a golde from another bug ?
Yes you would. Keep an eye on ebay (uk and de) and the classifieds on here. I got one a couple of months ago from an ad on here, bloke was cutting up a car and he kindly cut the sunroof section out for me

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts