Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i've been gradually buying up all calipers and discs i can get my hands on to work through a front and rear brake conversion.

my previous thread had some 3D cad pics of Leon cupra brakes fitted, finally i've settled on the following:

G60 / ibiza cupra calipers, 944 2.5 16v discs and stock bug discs.

i'm turning down the stock bug disc and re-drilling the 944 disc to 4/130 (wife wants to keep 8 spokes at moment) along with a special spacer and a caliper bracket i'm hoping to get it fitted in the next 2 months.

the rears will be similar to firedancer's excellent conversion although i think i'm settling on BMW discs.

master cylinder is looking likely to be golf or 944 with an adjustable valve.

I still have the golf 4 brake system modelled and some hubs made, so if i can convince the wife to go for some 18" wheels we may use this or..... there may be a 1303 low mileage round the corner! :D

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
that looks good dude :)

im doin the same rear 914/golf combo as firedancer, but gonna go 4 wilwood fronts... will be good 2 see this finished dude

mabbo

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i looked at that - very good, however, the porsche discs are very expensive and i've found them off CSP. used to work for GSF years ago and they used to sell em to german car company Zimmerman brand, but they haven't since the GCC went bust - shame would be cheap supplier.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really, thats good news, i know ECP do them (used to always out of stock now) but will look up status - a company i never think of!

i'm re-drilling the BMW discs, i was originally against this, but in reality our bug will do 5k a year, discs and pads last 30-60k so gonna be a while before i change - more likely to have sold or fitted something else than worn out! the days of daily driving are over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts