Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna fit a vac can dizzy to my large cc bus

I'm gonna fit an old vac can dizzy to my 2110cc bay to see if it will be better than my 009 - hopefully see a bit better return on mpg too :rolleyes:. I've ordered an anti-pulse valve, got the vac can dizzy - apart from checking the vac can's working how do i see i everything else is operational on the dizzy?

Also do i have to go back to the rolling road to set the timing or can i just get a garage with a strobe light to do it?

Thanks, Rory

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey,

Vac dizzy's are ace! - they advance of the air vac of the carb instead of the cam so no flat spots - 009 where designed for static engines with speeds e.g 1 2 and 3 opposed to rolling engines - anyway you only need the APV if you have twin carbs and a single vac pipe from one carb.

you should be able to time it from a strobe easliy enough - but again wuth twin carbs a rolling road will set up and balance the carbs...

as long as the shaft is turning and the points are closing i'd put it in and see - but i reckon a dizzy guru will give you more info :)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine's been setup up on the rolling road so it would purely be for the dizzy setup? Yeah sorry forgot to say, it's dual carbs and the vac line goes to the left hand side.

What are vac dizzys timing to? is 32deg @ 3000rpm?

Is there any difference on the advance curve of the 009 compared to the vac can dizzy?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Monkeydub

I'm just about to go back to a standard vac distributor too. I also have twin single carbs (weber 34ict) but didn't know I needed an anti-pulse valve. I've had a quick look around on the web but can't find a supplier, where did you get yours from?

Thanks

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've a very similar setup on my early bay with 2110 and dual dells works ok. Not sure about which dizzy it is tbh - i bought a new one from JK after the 009 messing about. It's times as per a std. stock vac adv dissy at 7ish deg, using a dial in strobe.

I haven't got the valve in but it seems to be ok.

How's it going Ralph? Long time no see. U ever get that fridge connected up?

Steve

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK just tried to fit the 034 vac can dizzy to the motor but only had limited time. My dizzy is 90 deg's out...not that that should matter but i couldn't get the van to start....it just made a big backfire. Could some1 give me a link or a step-by-step instruction as to how i set this up and time it.... timing isn't my strong point :eek: .

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts