Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just recently purchased my second, a Ghia vert,I think it's great,but the problem is, I'm a bus man. Since I got the ghia I have not looked at my bus once,and have scary thoughts about selling it :eek: NEVER have I had any thoughts of parting with it, not enjoying the feeling at the mo :( is it wise to have two sunny day vehicles?

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Between us me and the Mrs have a Bay, a Baja Bug (my first ever Bug back in 1997) and a 1302 semi-auto.

Trust me - Ghia for cruising, van for camping. It always makes sense ;)

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
SOREHEED said:
I've just recently purchased my second, a Ghia vert,I think it's great,but the problem is, I'm a bus man. Since I got the ghia I have not looked at my bus once,and have scary thoughts about selling it :eek: NEVER have I had any thoughts of parting with it, not enjoying the feeling at the mo :( is it wise to have two sunny day vehicles?
We have 8 cars between us at the moment, 3 are Aircooled.....

My '63 sedan is my favourite, Claire's Cabrio arrives tomorow and she is double excited, and Yellow Guy guy needs serious resto work....

Busses never really floated my boat, so i'd always chose the Ghia.

·
Registered
12,837 Posts
i had the same problem, i had a 66 square which was running, ratty slammed and road legal. i also had at the same time my 57 split which was a money pit. because the square was on the road i just used it all the time and never bothered with the split. i ended up selling the square to get the split finished!!

·
Registered
14,904 Posts
ragged1100 said:
problems come when you want to take them both to a show...!
I know that feeling :lol:

We have 7 between us. 1 Splitty, 1 Bay Panel Van, 1 Bay Microbus, 1 Crew Cab, 1 Squareback and a Scirroco and 1 other that i wont mention :crazy: 5 0f them are aircooled and we are currently searching out another :bandit:

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ragged1100 said:
problems come when you want to take them both to a show...!
It's when the suns out that's doin' my head in,such an odd feeling :(

so that's 8,5,and 3 cars :eek: where does it end?

I want my mummy.

Edit..... and a 7 ;)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Well, you know we have 3 aircooleds between Joanne and myself and we never struggle to find time to drive them. They all have their specialities (fastback and bug round town, bus on the long drive) so enjoy them in different ways.
It is a problem when you want to take them all to shows but.
Dont get rid of the bus, Cornwall wouldnt be the same in a tent.
Dave.

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Weve got 4 aircooleds between the pair of us,69 bug,71 GP buggy,73 1303 bug & 74 bay.
Too much is never enough!

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
check my sig........ :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Know what you mean, Plan a) was sell the Corrado and get a Bay, Plan b) was sell the Bay and get a Split, no idea what the plan is now as still have the Corrado, the Bay...and the Split. Breaking up is hard to do I guess.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Sunny day vehicle? My bus is a daily!

Make the call - make it permanent!

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,459 Posts
SOREHEED said:
's funny, I'm thinking the same thing. Gonna put my bus up for sale shortly. Not because of the Ghia but it's not what I like or want now that I've done it.
I'd buy yours in a minute though...
:)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,459 Posts
Hi Dan, saw the pics of the Ghia, looked top notch mate. Should have mine MOT'd for next week. How's things otherwise?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts