Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... for parking the Beetle too near an open window! :eek:

Security phoned me up in the afternoon...

Sec: "Hello, do you own a Volkswagen Beetle?"
Me: "Yes"
Sec: "Well, the people working in the technical centre have complained that your car smells of petrol. We've been trying to contact you for a few days now" (bearing in mind I told security my reg no and extension the day I bought the car :rolleyes: )
Me: "Ok. Sorry, I know it's leaking. I'll not park it there tomorrow. It's just my daily car is in the garage being fixed up for the MoT and I have to bring the Beetle in..."
Sec: "Alright then, bye"
Me: "Bye"

... half an hour later ...

*ring ring*
Me: "Good afternoon, Next Systems"
Sec: "Hello, are you the gentleman I was speaking to with regards to a Volkswagen Beetle" (whatever happened to 'Hi, is that Nick?')
Me: "Yep"
Sec: "Well, we're continuing to receive complaints that it smells and that the fumes are going in the window and giving the staff headaches. Can you move your car and refrain from parking it there again?"
Me: "Fine"

On the walk to move the car I notice that the wind is blowing the opposite direction to the windows, the car is 10 metres from the windows (which are shut anyway) and that the smell is virtually non-existant. Damnit - don't they know it's 32 years of heritage to create that odour!
Must get the car up on the ramps at some point though and fix the leak... costing me a fortune in petrol! :crazy:

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
where as even though my cars uber ruff i`ll park it next to a 50k jag and get no complaints, we are corperate headquaters and my boss(the facilities manager) doesnt bat an eyelid even when it is parked right outside reception.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just tell them no :D

simple
I've only been with Next for 6 months and quite like the 25% discount... don't fancy rubbing them up the wrong way just yet! Besides, the traffic warden woman has scary teeth so I'd better do what she says! (No offence in case you're reading this ma'am)

TBH though - me and the boss have a good laugh about it, he's a petrolhead and quite likes the bug so I think he'd be on my side :)

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Orby1 said:
My bug used to smell of petrol sometimes, normally after I'd pulled a sharp left hander, forcing petrol up the tube towards the petrol cap. Every time that happened it would smell for a little while.
Aha, mine does that, I wondered what it was!

When I used to drive my van to where I worked at the solicitors, we had huge floor to ceiling windows on the other side of the office where all the solicitors/partners sat and I took great pride in parking my van pointing his big grinning face into the office :D (and blocking out the light!)

Of course, it was only a couple of weeks of parking there when I got the call from the Office Manager to say that people had rung him to warn him of 'gypsies sleeping in the car park'! :D he thought it was hilarious!

·
Saddest VZi'er 2016
11,485 Posts
TrolleyWheels said:
Says the man who pretty much every week tells a story of a near death experience which involves dangerous driving and wheels falling off.

Gimme a break!!
My thoughts exactly :lol:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Rodney Trotter said:
... for parking the Beetle too near an open window! :eek:

Security phoned me up in the afternoon...

Sec: "Hello, do you own a Volkswagen Beetle?"
Me: "Yes"
Sec: "Well, the people working in the technical centre have complained that your car smells of petrol. We've been trying to contact you for a few days now" (bearing in mind I told security my reg no and extension the day I bought the car :rolleyes: )
Me: "Ok. Sorry, I know it's leaking. I'll not park it there tomorrow. It's just my daily car is in the garage being fixed up for the MoT and I have to bring the Beetle in..."
Sec: "Alright then, bye"
Me: "Bye"

... half an hour later ...

*ring ring*
Me: "Good afternoon, Next Systems"
Sec: "Hello, are you the gentleman I was speaking to with regards to a Volkswagen Beetle" (whatever happened to 'Hi, is that Nick?')
Me: "Yep"
Sec: "Well, we're continuing to receive complaints that it smells and that the fumes are going in the window and giving the staff headaches. Can you move your car and refrain from parking it there again?"
Me: "Fine"

On the walk to move the car I notice that the wind is blowing the opposite direction to the windows, the car is 10 metres from the windows (which are shut anyway) and that the smell is virtually non-existant. Damnit - don't they know it's 32 years of heritage to create that odour!
Must get the car up on the ramps at some point though and fix the leak... costing me a fortune in petrol! :crazy:
I would tell them to get stuffed to be honest with you :lol: At the end of the day disrespecting the classics :D

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
tee hee!! Jug occasionally pongs of the petrol perfume!! AND i get complains almost every day from work colleagues!! U shudda seen the shock on there faces when he passed the MOT 1st time though!!!

'Sorry...sorry what did u say???'

Muhahaha ahahahah ahahahahahahahahayahahahah :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pitslayer666 said:
Love you too.

Did you not think that maybe I'd only just got the car. Was pretty much unaware of the condition until smelling petrol on the way to work?

Tell you what, why don't I judge you too? Oh wait, I won't do that because I'm too polite.

... anyway.

Got my daily back and the bug isn't moving until the father in law has got under it and let me know what's going on with it. Unlike a vast majority on here I'm not highly technical with cars (although I'm a god with computers :)) and the FIL is teaching me on the bug. An easy fuel line problem to others is a challenge for me but I'm not stupid and know that if it is leaking which I suspect it is then any twat with a lit *** can blow me and the car up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts