Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All....

OK so here is a question to test your knowledge.... I have a switch in my newly purchased 1972 Beetle which has the ability to switch on a green light in my speedo display, the picture next to the light looks like a spring on its side??? So is this something to do with the coil? Am I being thick? Why on earth would I need this switch? I have not left it switched on incase it was actually the ejector seat!! LOL :crazy:

Anyone? Any Idea's??

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
I had a switch which would light up and click a relay. I eventually found it went to two wires under the belly pan which had been cut and wrapped with insulation tape. I'm guessing it was for some old fog lights.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sounds like the heated rear window switch, ive got the same, a little black rocker switch under the dash. Turns on the little green light, clicks a relay and the heater rear window should work - although mine doesnt!

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
i have something similar too :) i also have loads of other wires that seem to do absolutely nothing :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Thanks guys and girls. I am thinking it could well be the heated rear screen... Although sometimes the light comes on and stays on and sometimes it does not come on at all when switching it on by the rocker switch. Although the lights which iluminate the speedo sometimes work and sometimes dont, so all in all me thinks there could be some loose wires all over.

Oh and is it me or is getting a signal for the radio really bloody hard in a beetle??? (dont tell me... must be another loose wire!) :D

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
vwbugster said:
... Although the lights which iluminate the speedo sometimes work and sometimes dont, so all in all me thinks there could be some loose wires all over.
Look on the back of the speedo for a brown wire attached to the case, and check security of both ends of it. Best check all your wires by the sound of it and then spray all the terminals with WD40. Check the aerial is making a good earth to the bodywork too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts