Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the pin out and greased it up replaced it.sterring is alot lighter but still got the grinding noise!

It sounds like its comming from where the steering arm sits on the beam.should there be a washer between the beam and arm?

Any ideas why im getting the noise on steering?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
vdubsmudge said:
took the pin out and greased it up replaced it.sterring is alot lighter but still got the grinding noise!

It sounds like its comming from where the steering arm sits on the beam.should there be a washer between the beam and arm?

Any ideas why im getting the noise on steering?
What year bus?!... why take it out to grease it?... no grease nipple?!...did the pin just drop out?... is it a "modded" beam? the amount of washers etc kinda depend on the year of bus...

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 60 westy...very low with a 4" narrowed beam! :D

We greased up using the nipple but it didnt cure it so i removed the pin.It came out very easy!(did one on mine and that was a b*tch to get out!)

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
vdubsmudge said:
its a 60 westy...very low with a 4" narrowed beam! :D

We greased up using the nipple but it didnt cure it so i removed the pin.It came out very easy!(did one on mine and that was a b*tch to get out!)
if the pin was easy to get out and has visible play when the drop arm is put back on...get a new idler pin kit... fit the new bushes and pin.. for splitty kits youll need to ream the bushes.. did you buy the narrowed beam? did it not come with a new idler pin kit fitted?!...

good luck with it:)

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys..Bus came with the narrowed beam..Im pretty sure is comming from the pin.Had me mate turn the steering wheel whist i was underneath it(i get all the good jobs :rolleyes: ) :D

As for the box...thats what we first thought.but the noise is comming from further back.

Ill take a look at the link moby and work it out.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts