Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The exhaust/tail pipe on my splittie is a bit knackard (and tailpipe doesn't fit behind the bumper). I had a look in the GSF catalogue and they have something listed that would fit . When I went up there to buy it the guy said that it actually wouldn't fit, and i should buy the exhaust and tail pipe from a bay window and weld the tail pipe to the correct angle.

Is this the best way to get a new exhaust, or does someone actually sell exhausts that WILL fit a splittie?

(the one at GSF is an ernst exhaust).

Cheers

This is in the tech section too but it doesn't seem that technical so i put it here as well!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My van has got a 1600 tp in it. I was going to buy 20013 exhaust and 20050 muffler pipe and 20069 tail pipe. The guy told me that the catalogue was wrong and the tailpipe and muffler wouldn't fit because of the bumper (all standard on my bus). He thinks I would have to get the one piece 20053 tail pipe from a later model and chop and weld the tail pipe to fit.

I just had a look at Machine 7 and they seem to suggest the 2 piece tail pipe, as in the GSF catalogue.

Hmm, maybe i should ignore him and get what the catalogue says?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Split camper tail pipes have an extra curviness about them to allow it to duck under the bumper.

A Bay tail pipe will, in theory, try to exit through the bumper. That said I've had customers fit them to Splits, with a bit of wiggling...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, thanks for the second opinions guys. I should learn to trust my own judgement more than a complete stranger (even if they are the professional!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts