Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest, who plays? And what do you have?

Mine are....

and

Havn't got any of my amps yet =(

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
i play bass.
and ive got a warwick as my main bass with a g k head and full stack!
its a bit sexy.
also got a charvel, an anniversary fender bass and a brunswick acoustic bass!
also got a few guitars knocking about but theyre nowt special.

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooo, nice selection! I've got a Headless Honer Bass, "The Jack" apparently ... does the job :)

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swamp said:
oh yeah love the telicaster!!!! by the way
and is that a parker fly i see hiding!!!!???
you do indeed :D

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mcscooby said:
I got the Fender Strat and a Vintage EKO Ranger XII (12 string). Always on the look out for cool guitars too....would love a banjo (but they're bloody expensive)
Banjo's, they're great fun to play! ... Dukes of Hazzard.... I remember being given a ;eft haded one once, and told to jam :D

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
fooking rite banjos rock. id love to sit on the porch playing some old greengrass!!!!!!!!!

but i havnt got a banjo.....

or a portch!

so ill have to settle for playing my harmonica .
thats about as hick as i cen be at the mo.....hahaha

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Hey , mah. Those darn duke boys gone stole my darn portch again!"

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
I've got :

Gibson SG
Takamine 'lawsuit' acoustic
Martin Backpacker
Mandolin

and a selection of amps (although my fave is a little Fender Champ 30- that lil guy kicks ass)

Shane

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ooo, SG's are nice .... nice thin neck to play on, and the body isn't too wide to get around. Nice choice!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
i play, and ive got

a mexican fat strat
an 80s silver series squire strat (so, SO much better to play than the fender)
a 70s les paul deluxe copy
a standard squire tele, that i dont use :rolleyes:
a 70s antoria SG with no pickups :rolleyes: (again)
a couple of beat up acoustics
A bass collection SB101 active bass (one of the last made before they went bust)
and a peavey 5 string bass
a Balalika :D
Old marshall valvestate combo, carlsboro bass combo, behringer bass head and various practice amps

the only thing ive got a photo of at the minute is this that i built, with the squire strat

i should really flog some of em, ive only got one pair of hands :crazy:

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Hendrixmaster said:
ooo, SG's are nice .... nice thin neck to play on, and the body isn't too wide to get around. Nice choice!!
I always used a Les Paul but, played a guys SG one time and loved the balance and lightweight body. Had bought the SG and kept the LP just in case. Within days I knew I could let the LP go, I'm an SG man forever now. So much of 'getting on' with a guitar has nothing to do with sound or even action. It's down to how well you both fit together (IMHO).

Shane

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
shane r said:
I always used a Les Paul but, played a guys SG one time and loved the balance and lightweight body. Had bought the SG and kept the LP just in case. Within days I knew I could let the LP go, I'm an SG man forever now. So much of 'getting on' with a guitar has nothing to do with sound or even action. It's down to how well you both fit together (IMHO).

Shane
spot on. thats the reason i dont like teles - i just dont feel comfortable playing them

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm currently trying to get a custom guitar made. Joe White....in Ash Vale (Guildford) .... he's one of the best in the country. But I need £5500 to have it made.

Or have an exact replica 1960's Les Paul for £3330 :D

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I'm down to my last three at the moment :(

A late eighties american strat standard, owned from new, a mid nineties jap 62 re-issue strat and a hofner congress from the sixties

oh, and a Marshall 100W 2 x 12 combo from 1970 something that makes your jeans flap :D :D :D

I'll see if I have pics!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
ive got a fender strat, a nice tanglewood acoustic, a cheap tanglewood strat and a random bass, all leftys except the bass.

All run through a marshal JCM800 head and single cab (except the acoustic) which i cant turn much above 1... but that doesnt matter does it......Rock'n'Roll! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts