Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
...in the popemobile stylee.....

erm what can you say - buggy cart tastic !

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
Once again the work firewall blocks it... But I guess it's a William Town Hustler? Is it a six wheeler? Wooden or fibreglass one? 1750 - WHOAH is that a B-Series lump in there? :lol:

AWESOME AWESOME CAR :D :lol:

William Towns: Aston Lagonda, Bulldog, and the Reliant SS2 are utterly hideous. The DBS lets him off IMO, quite possibly one of the best looking cars evAr :)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
ebay ad said:
Well they dont make these anymore ,Its called the HUSTLER designed by william towns, and more eye catching than a Ferrari of Lambo, yes it's made of wood and a metal chassis , so easy to pop down to your local B&Q and replace a panel and I assume its marine plywood though!

I would be mad to call it a classic, but I would say as an unsual advert vehicle would be a great car, and would add cheap to insure too.

It was a driver and does come supplied with a V5 and a tax disc from 1992 so on the road, so dont need to do the SUV just a normal MOT, but would suggest you go to a MOT station who knows kit cars!

On the V5 it is registered as a HUSTLER

We have not got it started, but quickly put it on ebay to create some interest, as this is a unknown value.

welcome to view and inspect, does come with bits of wood and part, and will endevour to get the car started.

Click on link below for more history of this notable car.

http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/index.htm?townsindexf.htm
:lol:

·
Registered
17,063 Posts
DarrenW said:
Once again the work firewall blocks it... But I guess it's a William Town Hustler? Is it a six wheeler? Wooden or fibreglass one? 1750 - WHOAH is that a B-Series lump in there? :lol:
Yep, sure is. :) It's a wooden one! :lol: 4 wheels on this one though. :)

cheers,
type3

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,467 Posts
Even I couldn't endorse that. A hideous greenhouse/shed hybrid.

·
Registered
939 Posts
DarrenW said:

AWESOME AWESOME CAR :D :lol:

William Towns: Aston Lagonda, Bulldog, and the Reliant SS2 are utterly hideous. The DBS lets him off IMO, quite possibly one of the best looking cars evAr :)
Not a B series (they are either 1500 or 1798) that'l be the ohc E series austin maxi lump................orrible engine, only good on a chain used as a boat anchor!! :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
DarrenW said:
You're right :lol: Didn't it become the O-Series or was it R-Series? Can't remember :lol:
Yep, became the R-series that went into the early MG maestro (as a 1600 cc with twin weber 40 DCNF's)

O series was the updated OHC version of the B series that went into the last marina's/itals as a 1700 & into the base SD1 & Princess as a 2000c

*takes off BMC anorak & hangs it in the hall* :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts