Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyed my hair last night. flicked a few splodges on the carpet. thought i'd scrubbed it off.

today i get home from work, turn on the bathroom lights - oh dear. lots of dark brown spots on the carpet. it must have carried on developing last night.

my dad hasn't mentioned it which means he hasn't seen it....

any idea how i can get it out. its permanent dye. is it worth trying the upholstery cleaner or will that not be strong enough?

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hair dye stripper? the one for if yr colour cocks up. then if it takes all the colour out of the carpet then get a felt tip a similar colour:crazy:
hmmmm. i decided not to try anything until i had a plan, as i don't want to draw attention to it... i think this might not be the plan...

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a stanley knife and cut around the affected area, place in washing machine.

Or move the settee over it and tell him you fancied a change.
thanks :incheek: its the bathroom, i'd never get the sofa up the stairs without my parents noticing.

·
Registered
461 Posts
If its a wool carpet forget it, it won't come out especially now its dry, if its nylon a professional cleaner may be able to get it out but again i doubt it. For future reference the only way to properly get stains out of a carpet is to use very hot water, as hot as you can physically stand, and one of those "magic" sponges, the ones that absorb loads of water. Pour the hot water on and soak it up with a dabbing (not rubbing) motion. Keep repeating. DO NOT use any kind of soap/carpet cleaner. These are good at getting stains out but you will normally have a patch that stands out as first as slightly lighter, but the main reason not to use them is you cannot get them back out of the carpet, and they will dry, and then become slightly sticky so dirt will bind to it leaving you with a larger dirty mark on te carpet. If you have ever had a carpet cleaned you willnotice that it seems to get dirty again much quicker, this is because of soap in the carpet that doesn't come out.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i tried rubbing it off yesterday with cold water, but i obviously didn't try hard enough. i think i might have to try the stain remover option. not a big big deal as the carpet is old and has suffered at the hands of my sister and hair dye, but dad will still goes bananas coz thats what he does :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.