Volkszone Forum banner

Hairy Yeti washes

777 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr.Whippy 
#1 ·
Well washers actually

I know you do kits of fastners - but can you also supply oddments?

I was looking for some what I call spreader washers today and couldn't find them in the jam jars.
What I want is washers with about 3cm dia and an id of say 10mm. Quite large.

So do you do such animals and also do you tubs of mixed bolts, screws, full nuts, plain, crinkle washers etc.? Stainless.

The other thing I as after today was rubber - bungs. To blank off holes - so do you do mixed bungs (not a football refernce) ?

#3 ·
garethj said:
They're called "mudguard washers"

:)
Also sometimes known as "penny washers"

Available at any decent fastenings supplier, (look in your yellow pages) in zinc plated or stainless. They may also be available online from Screwfix, but I find it's cheapest to go and buy over the counter, never buy 10, always buy at least 50, because you will use them sooner or later, and I pay cash for my fastenings, which usually gets me a bit knocked off.

You'll come out with a big bag of stainless gubbins for 5 or 6 quid.

Dave.

#4 ·
Thank you both for the founts of wisdom
1) garethj - they are to blank holes created by non standard tinware - not my inability to drill. But also have used them to spread load eg M'cycle fairings
2) Snr Whippy - normally I get my fastners from Perihams of Brum, well for about the past 35 years I have - but I want to give one of us a chance - and also throw up a suggestion to see if it helps HY increase his product line.

Anyhow - thanks for letting me ttt the post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.