Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well halloween is approaching, its our first year in our house and there are quite a lot of young kids round this way that I expect will be trick or treating so I thought it might be nice to decorate the front of the house a bit .......so do any of you lot go crazy for halloween? and if you do lets see the photos :D

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I expect this to be our first year to get all decorated up as the boy started school in September so will know all about it. We live in the middle of nowhere though so don't expect many trick or treaters, but we will arrange something I am sure.

·
Hot shoe
26,215 Posts
I fucking hate halloween for various reasons...

Normally just pretend to be out - but then, i am a miserable cunt

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
We always go for this, lanterns in the windows, pumpkin on the doorstep. We have loads of kids come round.

Occasionally i ask the older kids if they are a bit old for sweeties, which usually embarresses them.

We do if for our 6 year old daughter and her friends, but love seeing the other little uns come round.

Big halloween bowl of jelly sweets.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have family in canada and they go mad for halloween, the houses get decorated like its christmas :D
now I dont plan on going quite that far but thought it would be fun to put a bit of effort in

·
Registered
15,754 Posts
Love it. We have dozens of kids come round.

Had some decent pumpkins on a thread here last year too...these were my efforts from last year...

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We always go for this, lanterns in the windows, pumpkin on the doorstep. We have loads of kids come round.

Occasionally i ask the older kids if they are a bit old for sweeties, which usually embarresses them.

We do if for our 6 year old daughter and her friends, but love seeing the other little uns come round.

Big halloween bowl of jelly sweets.
Was thinking of getting some pumpkins

and tesco has an awesome door wreath type thing...like you have at christmas but its black with red roses and skulls on it...wicked

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love it. We have dozens of kids come round.

Had some decent pumpkins on a thread here last year too...these were my efforts from last year...

wow fab pumpkins.......i have never done a pumpkin before :(
will have to have a go this year....what do you do with the innards...pie?

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
Predictably, I hate Halloween. I generally ignore the door if older kids knock, and say "TRICK" to the younger ones if they say "trick or treat". Throws them right off, it does.

If you're not prepared for both scenarios, don't offer them both to me you silly little things... :lol:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
i am having two partys this year, defo dressing up. flame and thunder party will be awesome i have gone a bit mad with the decorations though!

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Didn't get a single trick or treater last year which meant I got to eat all the lollies to myself :D We live on a really quiet crescent and its mostly older kids in the street.

First year with the doberhound this year and think the fact that he hurls himself full-pelt at the door barking whenever anyone knocks might put off any potential tricksters. Won't get to see tho cos we is off to Whitby to see the sights (its GOTH weekend), considering decorating the van though :D and have narrowed fancy dress down to 2 potentials - looking forward to it lots!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts