Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been watching the news,showed Richard Hammond beeing moved to a Hospital in Bristol by Air Ambulance.
When it landed he walked to a waiting Ambulance that was taking him to Bristol.
Looking good :)

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Because he's managed to pull though after a horrendous crash, plus he's great at his job and stands for pretty much exactly what I like about cars :)

There's a lady who came off her drag bike at the Pod a few years back who now only drives a modified taxi because of her disabilities. She comes round the pits collecting for the air ambulance at the bigger race meetings. If you saw how racing had left her you'd be a pleased as I am that Richard Hammond is able to walk at all.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
What do you suggest, and MBE? There are people who survive things that kill other people every day, so on this basis, they should all get awards. Let's have a bit of proportion here.

·
Shitstormer
1,434 Posts
Don't believe all that Hammond brain damage rubbish or the 300mph crash. It's a Top Gear send up.Looking at the crash the dragster took a very sharp turn and stopped quite near to the skids.At 300mph the wreckage would be at least 1/4mile away from the skids. He may have crashed but they certainly iced the cake.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Paul VSM said:
Don't believe all that Hammond brain damage rubbish or the 300mph crash. It's a Top Gear send up.Looking at the crash the dragster took a very sharp turn and stopped quite near to the skids.At 300mph the wreckage would be at least 1/4mile away from the skids. He may have crashed but they certainly iced the cake.
and can you imagine the viewing figures now :D

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
yeh i had to chuckle coz the first report i heard was that he had crashed in a car capable of 300mph. n now it's he crashed at 300mph..........

still good luck to him to be walking away from a still very serious accident. you wouldn't wish him to be worse off huh :hangloose

·
Banned
14,290 Posts
Don't get me wrong - I've supported the appeal, spread the word etc, but........I find myself wondering why it was necessary to use the Air Ambulance to transfer him.......

[EDIT: ah, seems it only took him to LBA (2mins away) where he got on a plane - that's different :) ]

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
I must admit, I was a little dubious of the speed and the fact that Clarkson or someone said he only had a black eye! OK, he was all strapped into a roll cage with a crash helmet and all that but I crashed at about 50-70 mph and ended up with a shattered skull a fractured sturnum a fractured hand and a broken humerous along with bells paulsey and amnesia!.................oh and my Cortina looked a lot fookin worse than that drag car.
Still hope he's ok in the end though, I do like the guy.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts