Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone point me in the direction of where to get a crimp to attach my bus handbrake cable to a 944 handbrake cable??

Is there a bolt on emergency kit available? I am sure I heard someone mention that the RAC use something similar, but cant find anything on the web?

Thanks

Stevie

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Do you have a Yatch Chandlers anywhere near you? These people custom make rigging for dinghy and sailing yatchs in stainless and use a crimp method which will hold tons. Might be worth giving one a call.

·
Registered
773 Posts
DubbedUP said:
Anyone point me in the direction of where to get a crimp to attach my bus handbrake cable to a 944 handbrake cable??

Is there a bolt on emergency kit available? I am sure I heard someone mention that the RAC use something similar, but cant find anything on the web?

Thanks

Stevie
Hi,
I got some bolt on clamps from a local trailer dealer, they're like very small exhaust clamps, the only drawback is you have to loop the steel wire, I was told you can't just clamp two parallel wires, but the loops can be very small. I didn't think of finding a chandler, but they must use crimps on wire rigging on boats. The clamps cost pennies.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Stevie

Call the guys at Speedy Cables and get it done right. They are not that expensive.

Or try Duncan's Yacht Chandlers in Glasgow.

Cheers, Richie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts