Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seen a few late minters cheap. Any woes or concerns?? all input appreciated:D

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
as you have spotted ;)
they do not hold their value the same as other Harleys but I've not heard any bad reports.

I guess putting a Harley fan on a V-rod, it's like trying to get a die hard air cooled Beetle guy into a New beetle

I quite fancy one myself but I am very happy with my Honda Shadow
and I love the colour ;)

one thing I have noticed about them is that a lot of the seat variations on the V - rods are very uncomfortable
but that could be something to do with my fat arse :lol:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270287799160
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280279409311
both quite close to me and sensible money.
Went to RIDERS BRIDGEWATER yesterday, the chap said 'great bike, just never caught on, the die-hard hog crowd see them as a jap-type harley rip-off' I see the fact that a twenty year old evo is not half the bike but similar money.
The 'street rod' is less popular still, its the most european one which has more ground clearance, proper bars and conventionally placed footrests. Makes sense to me. Itll replace this old tool, which someone is harrassing me for.
http://www.jabphotojourno.co.uk/guzziv7/guzziv7.htm

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm, what a fickle wanker.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about them, but the fact they didn't sell can make it difficult to get parts, so I hear and they have no residual value at all!

I like 'em tho, but then I have weird taste :lol:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before Iget told off, THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD, I am awaiting a response on the guzzi but had my fingers burned on brits, think a harley is gonna be the next toy. PM is best, Ill give it thought.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
A mate of mine has V-Rod, nice bike and fast but not a true Harley IMO.

Those ebay links are Street Rods and not V-Rods, different bikes.

As has been said before, a traditional style Harley will hold its money much better, have you looked a Street Bobs if you want a newer bike?

Heres one with ape hangers:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
9150 quid, too much dough for me. :( nice bike though, sat on one yesterday. :cool:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
I really must get out more
5,833 Posts
the V-rod is a very good bike....and surprisingly quick and nimble (relatively)....never heard anything bad other than "it's not really a Harley is it?"...
Looked at them when they came out and were £15k, no offers or test pilots with no extras......
looked in the Harley dealer in Towster not long ago and for £11500 they had new ones with a bucket load of "authorised" extras...incl a set of panniers...as soon as I sat on it the sales dude says "if you buy it today you can have it as it is for £10k!" .....so in my head means £8k....didn't buy it (no money)
As far as i can see they just haven't caught on like the air cooled models and perhaps the styling isn't to the taste of your average harley rider

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the V-rod is a very good bike....and surprisingly quick and nimble (relatively)....never heard anything bad other than "it's not really a Harley is it?"...
Looked at them when they came out and were £15k, no offers or test pilots with no extras......
looked in the Harley dealer in Towster not long ago and for £11500 they had new ones with a bucket load of "authorised" extras...incl a set of panniers...as soon as I sat on it the sales dude says "if you buy it today you can have it as it is for £10k!" .....so in my head means £8k....didn't buy it (no money)
As far as i can see they just haven't caught on like the air cooled models and perhaps the styling isn't to the taste of your average harley rider
zzzakerly, too zoopy for harley fans, too gay for everyone else. :lol:
I have a habit of buying white elephants.

Check out my daily

too wacky for the beemer lot, too slow for the streetfighter lot.
A pattern emerges. :lol:

·
Registered
668 Posts
hav'nt got a harley but i bought this while in america hotel was right accross the street from a big harley store naturally i had a sit on 1 and got a few pics... and bought this for no other reason than thought it would look nice on my wall or something...awesome bikes..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts