Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it must be my age but i am thinking about buying a harley VRod, nighttrain special.... anyone got any experience they want to pass on or if any knows anywhere (other than the Harley website) where i can hire one for a couple of days to check it out?

or a harley forum?

roll on 40 with my harley!!!!

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
I once owned a 1978 sportster, I hated it, it put me off of harleys for a long time.......now 25 years later I keep getting these strange feelings.

Instead of asking for a JD I ask for a HD, when playing footie (not very often) I keep shouting "on me davidson!" and now I have just asked for a bottle of robinsons harley water.

This has only happened since I became a granddad. :(

·
Chinga tu Madre
6,949 Posts
I am a lifelong Harley fan, even my surname is Davidson. I am taking a very long time to get the whole V-rod thang, it always reminds me of Robocops lovechild for some reason. Gimme an old 'glide any day, or even the 2007 1200 sportster low.

IMHO They have made some of the prettiest bikes ever lets forget AMF), but have also come up with the gheyest name for a bike ever...."The silent Grey fellow" WTF were they taking back then?
Hope you buy it soon and have lots of fun on it. Try your best not to look like John Travolta in Wild hogs though, for your kids sake if nothing else. :D

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Ad a crack at one of these a couple of years back. Sure aint no Harley - you can chuck em about like mad despite the long rake. There's a fair few about second hand now too.

·
Registered
12,837 Posts
i tried one a few years ago at blackbear in newmarket, i had a blade at the time and the guy was like, trust me! try it and you'll love it. I didn't ;) and at 13k it seemed kinda pricey!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luddite said:
Ad a crack at one of these a couple of years back. Sure aint no Harley - you can chuck em about like mad despite the long rake. There's a fair few about second hand now too.
hummmm... so the harley boys won't talk to me coz i haven't got a proper harley and the jap crap boys won't talk to me coz i've got a harley?

the nightrod special is my weapon of choice....

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm trying to find somewhere i can rent one to see if i like it!!!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'm approaching 40 not 60!!!! my old man had triumphs!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
spooner said:
i'm trying to find somewhere i can rent one to see if i like it!!!
I had one as a loaner while my roadking classic was in for its service. Took me a while to get used to it... not really for me but I can see the attraction.

When I climbed back on my old girl it was like it was riding on air, was a really weird feeling!

you can hire one off these chaps www.warrs.com, the name should say it all really.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
they do a sports rod type thing now sort of a cross between a vrod and a grasstracker faster and more agile

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I normally don't "get" motorbikes.

This is cool though:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts