Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says,i read them when i was sixteen and have just reread them,and some of the new ones.I think i may be turning into a geek,perhaps i should join some d&d forums.

But seriously they really are great books with genuine comradery and just feel good to read in this world of war and murder.

So am i alone or has anyone else dicovered the world of krynn,Make tolkein look like a dull childrens writer. :eek:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
subdub said:
So am i alone or has anyone else dicovered the world of krynn,Make tolkein look like a dull childrens writer. :eek:
Erm,.. I just notice this,.. Dragonlance are simplistic in the extreme, you can almost hear the dice being rolled in the background. Tolkein is well beyond the writing skills of the whole raft of DL writers.

See also Rayond E. Feist ...

·
Registered
970 Posts
read dragonlance years ago,

ok but Tolkein is worlds better.
also like Katherine Kerrs Devrry series

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,840 Posts
I found my old Dragonlance books and it was great to re-read them. Also enjoy Tolkien, Gaimen and Pratchett et al.

I hardly ever never read a book all the way through. It's all about escapism at the end of the day whatever the genre/author.

Might go and have another look at my bookshelf . . . .

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Blast from the past.... Completely forgot about them.... I used to read them when I was about 16, they were OK, but a bit basic.... Personally I prefer the humour of Pratchett ;)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They wove a great story for me when i was about 14, even then I found some of them a little simplistic. But even now I can remember some of the stories. The twins trilogy was the best as I remember, there was a bit more depth and maturity in those.

All in all I loved them if I had time one day I might re visit them.

Regards
Stodge

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
...loved them all when I read them...ooohhhh many years ago...then moved onto Gemmell , Feist, Pratchett, etc...superb books...my good lady has just started an interesting looking book by an author called Robert Rankin, and its called The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse....I'm gonna read it after her...she reckons its real good so far...mind you she has only got a couple of chaptersin... :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Read them many years ago. Like Stodge I enjoyed the Twins probably more than the others.

Have read much since then and Stephen King (just finished The Dark Tower) is always good for a story as is Mark Chadbourn's Worlds End saga which explores many of the old myths and lore bring it upto date in a confrontation that pits magic against modern science and understanding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts