Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted standard seat runners to fit a narrower seat....

do you need to or can you weld a plate on the inside to adapt it

I currently have stock seats in the beetle, and i'm trying to fit recaros

Any help would be great

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
when i fitted recaros in my beetle....

I got the seat, removed the back, then underneath the bottom seat frame there are the tabs that hold the sprung seat base in place, remove these and the base comes off leaving you with the frame.

now the recaros i had, they had 4 mounting bits which stickout from the seat base about 2" and have 3 holes in each, I got some small angle iron to bolt to there that were the same size, then ran a small piece of box section side to side, once the box and angle was welded together i then sat that on the beetle frame in the car to check it was the right hieght, tacked in place, took the whole lot out and welded it in place.

hope that sort of makes sense, it means you can remove the seats and replace them with another one should you need to.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bugsy_Malone 666 said:
when i fitted recaros in my beetle....

I got the seat, removed the back, then underneath the bottom seat frame there are the tabs that hold the sprung seat base in place, remove these and the base comes off leaving you with the frame.

now the recaros i had, they had 4 mounting bits which stickout from the seat base about 2" and have 3 holes in each, I got some small angle iron to bolt to there that were the same size, then ran a small piece of box section side to side, once the box and angle was welded together i then sat that on the beetle frame in the car to check it was the right hieght, tacked in place, took the whole lot out and welded it in place.

hope that sort of makes sense, it means you can remove the seats and replace them with another one should you need to.
kind of makes sense i think.....

not sure what these small angle iron you speak of are?????

·
Highly Respected Member
13,498 Posts
"Angle Iron" is L shaped lengths of steel. You can buy the stuff in the hardware aisle of most B&Q's, amongst other places.

Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts