Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.......and other silly questions.

We're going on our holibobs tomorrow and, in time honoured fashion, my other half enquiried if I had enough clothes.

I replied, in the same time honoured tradition, that I have enough clothes to see me through the rest of the year, so a couple of weeks in the sun shouldn't be a problem.

Over to you. What stupid/silly/pointless questions get batted around your house?

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
From MrsBBB.... 'this xxxxxxxx* is horrible, do you want to try?'

*insert foodstuff of interest.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
......and one from on holiday!

I got talking to an expat and mentioned that I really liked seafood.

'Really. Do you like squid? Here's how to get to the best squid restaurant on the island. Get a bus to the next resort and walk down to the harbour. Get a water taxi to the next island and it's the last restaurant in the village.'

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When we were kids, my mum used to buy us cornflakes for breakfast, we never ate it and the box would sit in the cupboard for months. Occasionally, she'd buy Sugar Puffs, which got eaten straight away. Straight back to cornflakes, followed with; I'm not keep buying Sugar Puffs, you just eat them.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Me: Muuum, it hurts when I do XXXXX
Mum: Well don't do it then....

·
Registered
12,332 Posts
Not exactly a question, but my mother-in-law, a person on whom I have strong, robust views, once said, 'Don't put anything in that bin, I've just emptied it.'
My ex mother in law wouldn't put teabags straight from the cup into the bin, on the grounds that they were hot and could therefore start a fire in the bin.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The talking of absolute nonsense may very well be a generational thing. My gran was world class at same, such gems included 'if you have too much vinegar then it dries up your blood,' and 'if you swallow chewing gum then it winds around your heart.' My hands aren't entirely clean though, when my son was little I used to tell him that if he sat too close to the TV then he'd get sucked in and would have to spend the rest of his life inside, so we'd only see him if we tuned into 'Show Me, Show Me.'

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
If it’s granmas we’re taking about my favourite was “stop pulling faces. If the wind changes you’ll stay like that”
That fuckin terrified me for yonks. I’d pull a very subtle face - just in case

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
My hands aren't entirely clean though, when my son was little I used to tell him that if he sat too close to the TV then he'd get sucked in and would have to spend the rest of his life inside, so we'd only see him if we tuned into 'Show Me, Show Me.'
Are you sure that's right - we were always told it'd make your eyes go square.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Me: Comes home from 5 hours playing out - filthy and covered in all sorts….
Mum: “you’re filthy - look at your face “
Me: gurns and contorts to try and actually see one’s own face
Mum: “STOP PULLING STUPID FACES”
Me: gets a right smack
😂😂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts