Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to find any previous owners of my Bug, a 1975 1300 reg HCH 306N, i bought it from South Shields area a few years ago

Cheers davy

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
hey matey, i dont know anything about the owners but i went on the dvla site and looked it up for you.

Date of Liability 01 10 2003
Date of First Registration 14 02 1975
Year of Manufacture 1975
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1285CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Export
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour GREEN

it doesnt look good my freind. good luck with the search. :hangloose

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Glad to see it's still going strong and looking great. Davy spent a fortune on that wee car before he sold it!

Haven't seen or heard from him in long time, had recognized the reg and name in thread and thought he was looking for it!

I've possibly a pic of it somewhere when it was still green! Would have been in days before digital though lol will post here if come across any.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone , I can shed some light on the early years of HCH 306N ,This car was purchased by my stepfather from new it cost £1300 its original colour was green first problem he had was after only 3 days there was acidy fumes coming from under the back seat the alternator was faulty and was frying the battery hence the fumes ,So a new alternator and battery fitted all was fine seeing as he occasionally towed a small tourer caravan he now needed a tow bar being a facelift model they were not available from main dealer so a local company made one uo for him , He went on to own the car for 15yrs in total and only did 36,000 miles in it all the tyres bar one were still original when sold and he never had any problems mechanically , Approx 12yrs into his ownwership it started tolook a little edgy on the bodywork so i fitted 4 new wings before it went of to my friends garage for a full respray in its original colour , During the process of fitting the wings the rear drivers side had one of the nuts come away from the bodywork so in my wisdom as a young lad i decided to put a nut behind the panel held with a 13mm spanner to replace it and a large penny washer however as it tightened i lost my grip on the spanner and it dropped inside the bodywork , So if any of its owners noticed a annoying rattle from this area you no why know , If anyone ever retrieved the spanner can i have it back please lol. 3yrs on my stepfather traded the beetle in for a new Nissan Micra and got the princely sum of £1300 for it ( 15yrs motoring no depreciation ) it was purchased by a mechanic who worked for the Nissan dealership at Mansfield ,Well i hope you have enjoyed reading the cars history , I do have a couple of photos of the car from 39yrs ago if anyone is interested .

Attachments

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
That's class! Great to find a link to original owner!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts