Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Currently, I use clippers every 7-10 days, on my head and face. They're plug in. I've never had any issues with them.

I've a hankering for a closer cut and am thinking about a head shaver.

Over to the collective for pros/cons/suggestions.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,317 Posts
Currently, I use clippers every 7-10 days, on my head and face. They're plug in. I've never had any issues with them.

I've a hankering for a closer cut and am thinking about a head shaver.

Over to the collective for pros/cons/suggestions.

Interested in this, I'm much the same, clippers with no guard at least once a week maybe every 5 days, but been looking at the head shaver thing.

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interested in this, I'm much the same, clippers with no guard at least once a week maybe every 5 days, but been looking at the head shaver thing.
I think it's just us. One of us needs to buy one and review it for the other.😁

The online reviews I've seen so far suggest the end result is shorter than clippers, but not as short as a razor, blade or electric. Plus, you really need to do it wet, with foam/gel for best results. On top of that, it's north of £100 for a decent set, then another £30-£40 every three months for replacement heads.

It seems excessive when you've been using the same set of, sub £10, clippers for over five years.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,317 Posts
I think it's just us. One of us needs to buy one and review it for the other.😁

The online reviews I've seen so far suggest the end result is shorter than clippers, but not as short as a razor, blade or electric. Plus, you really need to do it wet, with foam/gel for best results. On top of that, it's north of £100 for a decent set, then another £30-£40 every three months for replacement heads.

It seems excessive when you've been using the same set of, sub £10, clippers for over five years.
Go on then, let me know how you get on😛 Now you say about replacing the heads I seem to remeber reading on one of them about that and at that point it felt expensive. The one and only plus about losing your hair is that after your initial clipper purchase your haircuts are free, at £30 every three months its cheaper to have hair😆

I think for now I'm going to stick to clippers, I was unsure whether I needed/wanted it shorter than it goes now. I guess if you went for one of them scalp tattoo's they do now (which from the pictures I've seen look quite effective) I think you'd need to go for a full on scalp shaver as I'm thinking any kind of hair growth mixed with one of those is going to look odd. I'm really at that point in life I don't think I'll be going for tattoed hair😂

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tattooed hair! WTF!🤪

I keep mine short as the O/H thinks it very sexy.😁

I'd consider a head shaver if I knew someone with positive experiences of one. I might try a normal electric shaver on my head and see what happens, I'm sure there must be an old one lying about the house.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,317 Posts
Tattoed hair, I hadn't heard of it until recently. Just did a quick google search and this is the link that came to the top of the page!!

I'd have to see it in real life but it looks kinda effective from the pics.

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

I'd consider a head shaver if I knew someone with positive experiences of one. I might try a normal electric shaver on my head and see what happens, I'm sure there must be an old one lying about the house.
I found an old electric razor, the type with three circular heads. The battery is knackered and doesn't hold a charge well enough to use independently, but if I leave it charging for an hour, then use it on my head whilst still plugged in, it works well enough to remove everything. It's a bit slow and 'pull-y, but does the job. The first couple of goes left the back of head and neck a bit red and tender, but now it's fine.

·
Saddest VZi'er 2021
9,463 Posts
I got a Head Shaver as an xmas prezzie, horrible stubbly finish, and I was shocked at how much they cost. I use my Wahl clippers now with the occasional wet shave finish. I recently found 75 Sensor Excel blades for about £30 on ebay, so i'm set for life.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts