Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got my beetle back after a year or so at the body shop going through a resto and she is looking sweet. As anyone would i gave her a good seeing over to check on the finnish and noticed that on the interior the paint was not sprayed to the top of the windscreen frame.

I thought this a bit strange as i was certain this part of the body work was left uncovered when the headliner was installed, so needed to be painted in the new colour. This is not the case and it is currently a nice shade of faded black (the orginal donor roof).

I have spoken to the boke who did the paint and he said he didnt paint it as it will be covered by the headliner once it is installed.

I have tried looking everywhere and cannot find any internal pictures of the headliner where it meets the windscreen. Could someone please tell me how the headliner fits or even better post a picture.

many thanks

Lee

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for the photo. That was what i was on about. The top frame of the windscreen of my bug has not been painted.

I have seen pics where the headliner actually goes up and under the front windscreen seal and if this is the case then the fact that it is not painted wont be a prob as it will be covered. But in the photo you posted the headliner does not go near the windscreen so if thats the case i will be left with a big ass black mark on the inside of the car which will suck ass.

Im taking some photos today so will post them later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts