Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some issues connecting the heater cable with the heater flap (I don’t know the proper name for this)on my 1971 beetle. I’ve had a look a look online and the way most beetles seem to connect isn’t compatible with my beetle for some reason (The bracket type thing)? Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can attach them so that the flaps are controlled by the lever?
I’ve attached photos of the connections on both sides. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
All my beetles used an electrical connector block (the ones that look a bit like Lego), just to connect the cable to the 'tail' which is hooked on the heater outlet flap.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
like this :

This is not a 'bodge', it is how the factory connected these cables to the flaps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having some issues connecting the heater cable with the heater flap (I don’t know the proper name for this)on my 1971 beetle. I’ve had a look a look online and the way most beetles seem to connect isn’t compatible with my beetle for some reason (The bracket type thing)? Was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can attach them so that the flaps are controlled by the lever?
I’ve attached photos of the connections on both sides. Thanks
Thanks, got everything sorted now after doing just what you said!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts