Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how hard it is to replace a heater cable on a bay? One of mine has snapped and I have no idea.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've found that they tend to snap right by the heat exchanger flap. I just put a new piece of wire in (mig wire is good), using electrical wire connector blocks.

Good luck
Ralph

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just tried to replace both of mine, drivers side no problem, but any idea how to remove passenger side cable when it becomes jammed in conduit, I trimmed exchanger end off to make it simpler but it has become stubborn and will not budge any further, had to trim excess of the front just so i can drive it. Pulled and Pulled and Pulled but to no effect. any ideas folks or am i resigned to having to drive through winter with only one side running?

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
monkey76 said:
... but any idea how to remove passenger side cable when it becomes jammed in conduit?
Clamp the cable outer sleeve with Molegrips and 'unwind' the coiled outer sleeve as you pull on it. Gradually it will unwind up inside the conduit and reduce in outer diameter. You end up half way down the street as the sleeve stretches and straightens out..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts